Is It Obligatory for Manufacturers in India To Produce Petrol Cars?

Thread Starter #1
Hi Friends,

Yesterday I had word with one of car dealer (sales manager). I got to know one new thing that in India we have a rule/law that car manufactures should produce and sell the petrol cars; without petrol cars they cannot produce the diesel ones. Company like M&M (who only produce diesel only) had a tie up with Renault (Logan). That’s why diesel is not for everyone means it should be used only in transport.
If this statement is true then what is proportion 80:20 (being 80 would be petrol and 20 would be diesel) ??

Please share your comments/reviews on above statement.

Regards,
Adi
[:)]

Yesterday I had word with one of car dealer (sales manager). I got to know one new thing that in India we have a rule/law that car manufactures should produce and sell the petrol cars; without petrol cars they cannot produce the diesel ones. Company like M&M (who only produce diesel only) had a tie up with Renault (Logan). That’s why diesel is not for everyone means it should be used only in transport.
If this statement is true then what is proportion 80:20 (being 80 would be petrol and 20 would be diesel) ??
This statement is incorrect my friend, Force Motor's has only Diesel Line up which includes Force One & the upcoming Gurkha,

Govt can not dictate what not to manufacture to the OEM's.

Last edited:
Hi Friends,

Yesterday I had word with one of car dealer (sales manager). I got to know one new thing that in India we have a rule/law that car manufactures should produce and sell the petrol cars; without petrol cars they cannot produce the diesel ones. Company like M&M (who only produce diesel only) had a tie up with Renault (Logan).
Regards,
Adi
[:)]
M&m+ renault jv is broken long back,
Ask the concerned sales manager to hand over a xerox copy of rule/law.

Top Bottom