From my opinion, I know TML gets more bashing than praise due to the "expectation" from Indian public when it comes to "TATA" group.
I was trying to understand the last 10 years strategy what was employed by TML and one can understand that they have been doing well as an organization but could not fulfill the "expectation" from Indian customers (Well, don't we indians' expect too much with desi products?)
I'm trying to list some of the "understanding" (Might miss many points as i have no connection with TATA in any way expect for purchasing two cars from them)
- They have given Indian middle-class with joy of traveling in cars (Indica was a revolution in the taxi sector and hats off to that)
- They had in-roads with passenger vehicle but could not focus on the branding as "premium" provider. (In my opinion, that was a well thought strategy since that was nitche and "premium" segment was already filled with competition)
- TML listened to customers feedback and came up with refreshed/updated versions (Well, that's opinionated since consumer felt cheated with updates as new version rather than retrofitted with their existing product - In my opinion, they have to do business and can't run on charity just because they are Indian manufacturer)
- TML after 10 years is extending the service wing to cater "taxi" + "premium" customers.
Following is my understanding
* Sumo, Indigo, Indica & Vista - Taxi segment
* Zest & Bolt - Premium Segment (please read it as non-taxi customer)
- TML is improving their dealership and they are becoming pro-active to cater customer (For the last 10 years, TML has been doing a good job but for the dealership.)
On the contrary, I'm seeing the "premium" auto companies are looking at cost cutting and could not cater to the needs/demands of "indian" customers. So to say, TATA is definitely listing to the needs of customer and acting on it (As the saying goes, "you can not satisfy everyone")
My question to you folks - Why not "no # 1" when a company is manufacturing and improving their ASS
Waiting to hear from you all!