Tata Safari Storme Vs Rest of the Competition

Tata safari storme Vs rest of the competition

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just can't hold myself from laughing. They have made blunder while comparing Emission norms.
lets just hope it is just a typing error [lol]

or they might be pointing they have an mhawk under the hood,so no need to mention emission norms [;)]

First of all why there is Fortuner in the competition?
I mean haven't they driven or seen the Fortuner or they just needed to add one more name?

Leaving aside everything, for me Scorpio is already out of competition and same is with Fortuner.
Left are XUV and Storme, since I haven't yet driven the Storme so no votes..till then XUV is my favorite in the segment.

Since now all the first drive reports about Storme's performance is out,let me compare Storme with rest of competition.

NOTE: My comparision is based upon first drive report of Storme like these:
Tata Safari Storme SUV Review – 2012 Road Test Drive | IndianCarsBikes.in

and others like Autocar and motorbeam review etc.This is not final verdict as no one from TAI moderators had driven it yet,and only they are good enough to call the final verdict about Storme.

Now lets begin our comparo:

RIDE QUALITY

According to all the test drive reports of Storme mentioned above,Storme's ride quality is awesome.It smothers all the rough surfaces and gives the much desired carpet ride.

XUV500's ride is little stiff and Scoprio and Fortuner little bouncy.

So Winner of this round= Storme( hands down victor).

HANDLING

Now we all know that when it comes to handling unibody cars have a big advantage over Ladder chassis based vehicles as their frame is welded for extra rigidity.

So winner of this round should be XUV5OO,RIGHT!!

Wrong.According to the reviews above,its surprisingly the STORME that trumps all the Mahindras which include Scorpio,Xylo,Bolero,Quanto and surprise surprise it even trumps the soft-roader cheetah in XUV500.Don't believe me,yes I absolutely understand,well then read this:
However, the Safari Storme is still a top heavy SUV that does exhibit body roll when pushed hard around corners although this is very well controlled and light years ahead of Mahindra vehicles like the Scorpio or the Xylo and even for that matter, the XUV500.
Source:Tata Safari Storme SUV Review – 2012 Road Test Drive | IndianCarsBikes.in

So winner of second round= Storme

Space

For the first two rows its Storme all the way.

Interiors

For the quality according to reviews its Storme.

Features

XUV500 is the winner.

Looks

It's subjective.

Value For Money

It's subjective,but those who want features XUV5OO is perfect vfm while those want a true blue 4x4 SUV Storme is absolutely perfect.

I would still disagree Strome to be a true blue SUV. I still say its a soft rd SUV.
I would only agree a pure SUV for Pajero. Because Its designed to take any condition and last through it.

I would still disagree Strome to be a true blue SUV. I still say its a soft rd SUV.
I would only agree a pure SUV for Pajero. Because Its designed to take any condition and last through it.
Hey Krish, does it need to win Dakar rally in your books to qualify as a SUV (true blue or not) ? - Atleast have some mercy looking at the price difference.[:)]

Does not need to part of rally Iron sir. But do you personally thing it can withstand the abuse which an actual SUV can take?
Frankly, do u think Storme can handle like nissan x trail? What ever chassis they have changed will still be nowhere close to height vs weight ratio.

Thats funny Krish go.

IronRock was just hinting at you comparing off road capabilies of a Pajero with Safari Storme. (Pajero can teach a lesson or two to Fortuner in off roading)

Then you are bringing in Nissan X trail to compare handling of Safari Storme.

We should discuss about Land Rover and Range Rover Evoque then.

Hi mate, if Storme is an soft road SUV then scorpio is 100% a soft road SUV

By the way you would know it only by experience and yes the GC of the safari makes it a true SUV over the other and looks wise it can be compared to a Ford explorer and its off road characteristics and by chance if you want to know which is real SUV in all terms and can take any Indian conditions its Force Gurkha and this is not a joke [lol]

@Swift- Scorpio, Safari or strome, Fortuna , crv are all soft rd SUV. there is a difference in sports utility vehicle (SUV) and a soft rd SUV
GC alone will never quality for SUV. The best for Indian rds is the gypsy which might qualify but not gurkha.

@Swift- Scorpio, Safari or strome, Fortuna , crv are all soft rd SUV. there is a difference in sports utility vehicle (SUV) and a soft rd SUV
GC alone will never quality for SUV. The best for Indian rds is the gypsy which might qualify but not gurkha.
You are correct to an extent.But calling STORME a soft-roader is not true.Cars like XUV,CR-V etc are sof-roaders as they have very limited off-road ability.Their AWD system is heavily on road biased.Now even though Safari,Fortuner etc., can not do off-roading like Jeeps or Gypsies, because of their weight.But thanks to their BOF chassis, and 4x4 system with 4L,4H options aided with LSD,they can do serious things when their driver wants to.To be honest with you Storme is as perfect "amalgamation of a highway cruiser with proper 4x4 abilities as you can get in the market this side of 15 lakhs".But yes old Pajero remains the king of all SUVs is true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom