All New Mahindra Bolero in 2015

Thread Starter #1
Mahindra & Mahindra (M&M) is developing the next-generation Bolero (code: U301) with the aim of making it better in all areas but without changing the fundamental DNA of M&M’s best-selling SUV.

The new Bolero is likely to be a grounds-up new design and will be based on all-new chassis that is expected to be lighter and stronger than the current tubular frame ladder chassis. According to sources, M&M is developing a new generation, hydroformed ladder chassis that could underpin all its body-on-frame SUVs in the future.

The new Bolero, which is expected to go on sale by 2015 is likely to use a derivative of the mHawk engine which is becoming the stable powertrain for future Mahindra products.

To keep costs low, M&M will share as much from the parts bin with other Mahindra vehicles and special attention is being given to fuel efficiency and the overall cost of ownership.

The Bolero is the best selling SUV in the Indian market today with 1,07,890 units sold in the last 12 months. It’s phenomenal success, even 12 years after it was launched continues to surprise not just industry experts but M&M too.

SCOOP! All-new Bolero in 2015 | News | Autocar India

Re: All-new bolero in 2015

Mahindra is really moving up and fast.Hydro-formed chassis like Aria and Storme...hmmm.So this also proves that new Scorpio will also have hydroformed chassis which means a more lighter,meaner and agile product.This will give TATA further headaches,but still all of this is really good for us customers as we can expect our desi manufacturers to give us better quality vehicles at a sensible price in future.

Thread Starter #3
It indeed is a good move from Mahindra, and i am sure they will develop this vehicle keeping export market in mind, hope they don't mess too much with the current design.

Whatever it is i still feel the all new bollero SLX CRDe 2012 is a lifeless engine when compared with its DI engine, to experience this you will have to do a second gear pull from atleast 05-10KMH and worse it dies if the A/C is on

The DI engine was a gem and outperforms in almost all rough conditions

Last edited:
Thread Starter #5
According to ICB this Bolero Maxx test mule is an early test prototype of the next generation Bolero(codenamed U-301). Notably, the U-301 platform is expected to see a lot of weight trimming by use of a hydroformed chassis. In line with that, a lighter and more fuel efficient engine like the 1.5 liter turbo diesel motor fits the jigsaw quite well as all these bits will add up to better performance and higher fuel economy.

ICB Scoop: Mahindra Bolero Maxx pick up truck with a short bonnet spotted on test | IndianCarsBikes.in

Attachments

Thread Starter #7
looks like the bonnet is reduced
Reason may be due to the 1.5 engine which can also be found in the Quanto. this engine is smaller lighter and can be tuned to BS5 as well, i guess the next gen bolero might carry this engine and who knows it might be well under 4M as well.

this would be having a quanto engine i think, and will try to get it under 4m for the added benefit.

considering the quanto does close to 100 bhp, this could be a better at pulling power.

Would it still look like a Bolero or it would be an all new design? I would rather buy the current model than something that barely resembles a jeep. Of course, in the interim, I would prefer to have a version with ABS and Airbags.

Re: All-new bolero in 2015

Mahindra is really moving up and fast.Hydro-formed chassis like Aria and Storme...hmmm.So this also proves that new Scorpio will also have hydroformed chassis which means a more lighter,meaner and agile product.This will give TATA further headaches,but still all of this is really good for us customers as we can expect our desi manufacturers to give us better quality vehicles at a sensible price in future.
Agree

Only Headaches..Really?? [:)]

I think nowdays the speed of M&M must be giving heart attacks & lost sleep to TML leadership...

Infact they must be mulling over their own future

Good news mahindra but please make this one spacious enough for human beings to fit in. And a bit more refinement will be an added bonus.

Hydro-formed chassis! Isnt that an overkill for a rural MUV?

Good news is that if the Bolero is getting it, then I am sure even the Scorpio 2013/14 will get the hydro-formed chassis. I am already waiting...

Thread Starter #15
Will there be any any dramatic visual changes for it??
Nothing is clear regarding it's aesthetic's, i am sure that the design would be locked by now it's just a matter of time before the actual test mule's start plying on our roads.

Top Bottom