Mercedes Benz A-Class Launch Coverage (Page.2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1
We have been reporting about all possibilities of Mercedes bringing in their A-Class hatch to India which would be the smallest and cheapest product in Mercedes’ Indian line-up.

However, this does give us a big hope that it could be one and we might be able to see a more affordable Mercedes zipping past our regular cars soon. This also adheres to the strong reports that Mercedes would be bringing in the A-Class to India somewhere in 2013, quite possibly somewhere around the mid-year.

What we know to our 100% surety is that the B-Class Sports MPV is sure to hit our shores very soon. B-Class would be the cheapest Mercedes, expected to be priced around Rs 25 Lakh, before the A-Class enters India.

Mercedes has officially confirmed an A-Class based SUV and we expect it to make its India entry as well based on the response the regular A-Class hatch gets.

We have also been spotting a few B-Class test mules in Pune which we expect are the Right Hand Drive models that would finally make way when the B-Class would be launched.

Meanwhile, you can also feast on the following 60 Pic Gallery of Mercedes A-Class.

*Scoop: First Ever Pic of Mercedes' Cheapest A-Class Hatch in India | MotorBash.com

Re: Mercedes A class spied in India .

B Class will be launched in festive time, this has been confirmed to me. But don't know why it will be only in petrol initially.
Apart from this, A Class will be priced in range of 18-20L depending upon the variant. Seeing how Mini Cooper, Beetle became duds, I don't think there will be much takers for A class. Merc buyers won't accept below quality (according to Merc standards seen in C class & above) hence will stay away from A class, while rest will rather buy something like Superb or Passat. Maybe only those who like to show-off a Merc key may buy A Class. [lol]

B Class will be launched in festive time, this has been confirmed to me. But don't know why it will be only in petrol initially.
Apart from this, A Class will be priced in range of 18-20L depending upon the variant. Seeing how Mini Cooper, Beetle became duds, I don't think there will be much takers for A class. Merc buyers won't accept below quality (according to Merc standards seen in C class & above) hence will stay away from A class, while rest will rather buy something like Superb or Passat. Maybe only those who like to show-off a Merc key may buy A Class. [lol]

It is the brand value of the Merc which will sale . There will be lot more takers due to below 20L price tag . [clap]

It is the brand value of the Merc which will sale . There will be lot more takers due to below 20L price tag . [clap]
Yes, thats what I said - Key to Merc. Those are fascinated with 3 Pointed Star, will buy this one. And yes, it will come in diesel too, confirmed. But its funny, A Class in diesel but B class (tourer) not. How can one go on long tour in petrol car ? [lol] Will put the scan image of A Class specs when I go home. I have it there.

Re: Mercedes A Class Spied in India

Does anyone else think the A class looks like Jazz at least in the picture in the above link?

The article says B-class is expected to be priced at 25 lakhs before the A class enters. At this price point, it is too close to the C-class, I don't see too many takers for the car. 18-20 lakhs it should be. And maybe a 12-15 lakhs for the A-class (Am I being too optimistic here [:D] ?) I don't see a potential Accord or Superb owner (read bade saab) going for an A-class just because it has the 3-pointed star. Maybe an enthusiast going for a Cruze might be interested in it.

Does anyone else think the A class looks like Jazz at least in the picture in the above link?
Whatever it looks like, surely doesn't feel like being from Merc family. Maybe illegitimate child.[lol]

The article says B-class is expected to be priced at 25 lakhs before the A class enters. At this price point, it is too close to the C-class, I don't see too many takers for the car. 18-20 lakhs it should be. And maybe a 12-15 lakhs for the A-class (Am I being too optimistic here ?) I don't see a potential Accord or Superb owner (read bade saab) going for an A-class just because it has the 3-pointed star. Maybe an enthusiast going for a Cruze might be interested in it.
A true Merc fan will never buy anything below C class as it doesn't have those things which Merc is known for. There are Merc bicycles available in India, one of our family friend has a Merc & also likes to drive a bicycle. But he didn't buy Merc cycle coz there is nothing Merc in that except for 3 pointed star.[lol] Same is the case with A & B class. Infact, B class looks more like shrunken R class and A class looks as if someone got the Merc logo from market & stuck on his hatch !! I am 100% sure that selling these will be tough task coz person spending 18-19L (yep, thats the price of A class for base petrol) will anyday prefer proper saloon like superb, accord or jetta.

And buddy, even if someone buys one, he will see his pocket shrunk in spares !! Just compare spares of C & E class, cost difference is negligible.

And I had forgotten to upload the specs of A Class. Here are they, scan copy from Auto India mag of last month -

Attachments

350Z

Core Team

Mercedes Benz India is back on new car launch spree. A-Class will debut very soon in India. Merc is running a contest where you could win A-Class for 1 Year or trip to Ibiza: link.

mercedes-benz-a-class-launch-india.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

Re: Mercedes A Class Spied Testing in India

First Indian preview of the Mercedes A Class held in Mumbai

Before its market launch on the 30th of May, Mercedes-Benz India is previewing the new A Class to select customers at dealer showrooms. The first private launch party was held yesterday at Shaman Wheels, dealers for the three-pointed star in Mumbai.

It is learned that the A180 will launch with petrol and diesel engines, paired to a 7-speed dual clutch automatic transmission. The ARAI fuel efficiency rating for the diesel engine is about 20kpl.

Mercedes Benz has not shared the technical specifications of the product as the launch is still sometime away. Internationally, the A180 variant employs the 1.5-liter Renault K9K engine, which is widely popular in India in the B and C segments. Mercedes may also use the in-house developed 1.8-liter diesel engine which motors higher variants.

Even though it is an entry-level car, the A Class bears heavy equipment. It sports Bi-xenon headlamps, a total of 7 airbags, ESP, adaptive brake lights, attention assist, hill start assist and tyre pressure loss warning.

Expect the A Class to be priced at 22 lakh rupees, ex-showroom New Delhi.

First Indian preview of the Mercedes A Class held in Mumbai

Attachments

Thread Starter #9

The car is simply beautiful and love the daimond effect new grill carried from the concept car .

22L for A Class, 25L for B class. [surprise] The only good thing is A will come with 180 CDI diesel. But I never liked cars which are flat from behind (Except true SUVs), so I will take a miss from A & B class. If it has to be a Merc, it has to be atleast E Class. BTW, any updates on launch of CLA ?

After Mumbai, Mercedes A Class now spotted in Kolkata

The Mercedes A Class has managed to earn the attention of young India and its not just because its the most affordable Merc one can get.

The car has already been previewed to select clientele and dealers across the country in a private event held a couple of days ago in Mumbai. The premium luxury hatchback will reach dealerships in other cities such as Delhi for previews in the days to follow and here is a spyshot of the car from the dealer in Kolkata.

The variant that is earmarked for India is the A180 which is available with both petrol and diesel engines. It is learned that the 7-speed dual clutch automatic transmission is a standard feature. Engine displacements have not been revealed yet.

The model previewed at the private event in Mumbai sported high end design details like the Diamond grill and the AMG 5-Twin Spoke alloy wheels. However the model seen in Kolkata misses out on the special grille but gets the AMG alloys. The dashboard and the seats are finished in black, similar to the Mumbai show car. The marketing keywords printed on the bodywork are “Pulsate” and “Wow”.

With the A Class, MB India is targeting luxury car customers who are looking for a smaller second car of the same status. The A Class is expected to be imported as a CBU initially and local assembly at the company’s CKD plant in Chakan, Maharastra is likely to happen at a later stage.

After Mumbai, Mercedes A Class now spotted in Kolkata

Attachments

Official: Mercedes-Benz to launch A-Class in India on May 30

Mercedes-Benz has confirmed via its official Facebook page that it will launch the A-Class hatchback for the Indian market on May 30. The car will be launched in the A 180 petrol, diesel variants and has already been previewed to select customers during an event in Navi Mumbai last week.

The A-Class in its third iteration is a new vehicle based on the German automaker MFA platform (modular front wheel drive architecture). It was launched for the European markets in May last year and is currently in high demand as Mercedes-Benz is currently running three shifts at its Rastatt plant to meet the demand.

The Mercedes-Benz A –Class A180 will be made available with one diesel engine and one petrol mill. The oil burner is a 1.5-litre mill producing 110PS and 260Nm of torque. The petrol mill is a 1.6-litre turbocharged unit producing 123PS and 200Nm of torque. Power will be transmitted to the front the front wheels via a seven-speed DSG box.

The A-Class is a part of a five car sub Rs 25 lakh range that the German automaker will launch for the Indian market by 2015. The first car in this range was the B-Class petrol that was unveiled in October last year. We expect that Mercedes-Benz will price the car in the range of Rs 17 lakh to Rs 19 lakh.

Meanwhile, Mercedes-Benz India has achieved the landmark of crossing one million fans on Facebook. Mercedes-Benz India has been voted by AC Nielsen-Economic Times Brand Equity survey as the most popular automotive brand in the age group of 15-24 years and a reflection of this mandate is seen in the immense popularity of the company’s official Facebook page

Official: Mercedes-Benz to launch A-Class in India on May 30 - CarWale News

I dont usually prefer the small cars, but I'll make an exception to this one. The styling is quite sporty and aggressive. Would love to see more of these on the road from Merc!

BMW is coming up with 1 series, the facelifted model of 2012. But it will price it above A class & below B class. This despite BMW 1 series having almost no legroom at rear. Strange. [surprise]

"Even though it is an entry-level car, the A Class bears heavy equipment. It sports Bi-xenon headlamps, a total of 7 airbags, ESP, adaptive brake lights, attention assist, hill start assist and tyre pressure loss warning."

Whoa! that's a lot of features in a hatchback! The headlamps are beautiful though. Rather an unusual design for Mercedes, but it works very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom