Viewer's Discretion Advised, some gory pictures :-
I was intending to post this as an ownership thread, but I don't think ill be able to do justice to it regularly as this is not my regular ride. So this is my little tribute to a 15 year old Tata warrior - this is as reliable as it could get when it comes to a TATA - in my books the most reliable TATA ever!
Background :- 15 years of Duty done in abusive terrain and includes many cross country runs too(in the very distant past).
Key Points to note :-
- Never ever left us stranded even when painfully abused in bad roads
- Maintenance cost next to ziltch , mostly DIY maintenance with timing belt changed on time
- Still starts in a single crank every single time - most reliable basic DI engine i have had the maximum experience of ! Its a toyota made by Tata literally - at one point of time one of the highest selling Tata breeds!
- Over 3.5 Lakhs kms(a safe estimate though speedo has been changed several times and it has been running without speedo for long as well) done without any overhaul whatsoever.
- Has a 0 accident history ( I wouldn't count bull horn hits, tree falling and other odd mishaps in a farm as accidents )
- Everything is nearly original!
Some pictures as below :-
Its parked in the open place which has one of the highest rain fall in MH.
Ageing rusting, but still serving - A worthy die hard soldier.
The rust is nothing compared to the age of the sumo warrior!
Hole in the bonnet which pours rain on the air filter - caused by something that hit it from the sky!
Has had no dents/touchup jobs whatsoever, all original panels!
Some flora growing in the interiors as well - am sure a few organisms/rodents have made it its home
Seats are still so hard , you might wonder which cushion Tata used then
Just a 9k run Sumo
Bald tyres which make you feel as if you are rallying at 40kmph!
To me this is the epitome of Tata reliability - in my books nothing beats this! Old Basic, Spartan but trust worthy war hardened soldier! My little salute and tribute! I probably will never ever sell this!
Current state is engine works in great condition, suspension makes noises but all is well, tires are way beyond their life span.
This weekend replaced the fan belt as it got ripped off and lost somewhere and we realized it because the brakes were far too hard and nearly not working (its fun to drive a brake less vehicle in rural roads! ) - I fitted the fan belt and now everything works including the water pump and alternator - its back for the soldier drill! Current running is limited to rural areas only, hence not much running about 8-10k annually!