The Truth About Mercedes Benz India

Thread Starter #1
Came around this piece of news which was very shocking to say the least.

Cama Motors, a highly reputed and one of the oldest dealers of foreign cars, has made allegations of murderous malpractices of Mercedes Benz. It charges Mercedes of being neck-deep in a variety of immoral and unethical practices

Would you believe it if you received a letter from Mercedes Benz informing you that you had won a lucky draw and your gift was a “FREE INSPECTION!!” But they actually want to replace your turbocharger without informing you? Or would you believe that Mercedes Benz engineers discovered that the clutch assemblies of their cars across the board were remaining stuck to the floor when warmed up. But instead of immediately pulling every single car off the road, they took eight years to first secretly fit a heat shield (hiding the purpose from dealers) and then developed an insulated bodied clutch which was selectively fitted to the “problem cars” thereby putting countless lives at risk for years?

These and many more shocking incidents have been exposed by none other than an extremely reputed ex-dealer of Mercedes Benz. The dealer in question, Cama Motors, is in this business for over 120 years. Back in 1931, Late Khan Bahadur Rustom Cama brought dealership of Ford Motors to Ahmedabad and even today it is regarded as a memorable landmark not just for local people but also for Ford. Remember, the first car in India came through a Mumbai-based Englishman only in 1897.

Having discovered to his horror the above sneaky, surreptitious malpractices, Rustom Cama, executive director, Cama Motors, has filed a number of complaints against Mercedes Benz India with every concerned authority, including top management of Daimler AG, German Embassy in India, Competition Commission of India (CCI), and the ministry of surface transport. However, he got no response from anywhere.

Frustrated, he has created this website and The welcome line says, “Cama Motors deeply regrets its association with Mercedes Benz”HOME

The website says, “...service measures were carried out as part of a continuous campaign which we (dealers) were told was in keeping with the tradition of ‘continuous improvement’ according to Mercedes Benz India.”

“We never understood or expected that some of these campaigns, which amounted to removing parts and software and replacing it, were connected to life-threatening defects. We ourselves were so embarrassed by the pathetic quality that we blindly carried out these measures which you will undoubtedly be disgusted by when you see the details.”

“It was only after many years that we could no longer remain in denial and we began to piece the details together, painting a picture of a company murderously involved in malpractice of the most serious kind. We are sure that it will shake the world of consumer rights when people are made aware of the deceitful way in which this company has tried to cling to its past glory, while being neck-deep in immoral and unethical practices,” it says.

Speaking about his experience with the dealership of Mercedes Benz, Mr Cama said, “After trapping many reputed dealers like us, over the years the company modified its relationship with dealers. It also included several new clauses and non-disclosures pacts in the agreements. When dealers like Cama Motors became a liability for the company, one by one we (dealers) were harassed and some were even destroyed. Over past few years, 13 dealerships have been closed, mostly with severe abuse of power from Mercedes.”

According to Mr Cama, his latest effort on the web is to develop a resource for customers of the many mysterious defects, which it was kept in the dark about. His website also gives information to customers who bought their Mercs from Cama Motors to check if they were cheated by the company using the dealer or not.
The truth about Mercedes Benz India-1: Sneakily replacing dangerously defective parts! - Moneylife

Last edited:
Never thought that such (so called) premium brands could give us probable nightmares which could even cost one's life. Shame !!!

And thanks for the information, i am definitely going to inform my family / friends.

Thread Starter #6
This indeed is a very shameful act which need's to be probed and punished.and also why did Cama Motor's came out with truth now when such act's were happening from a long time?

Thread Starter #8
Visran maybe marcedes is about to close its dealership hence [surprise]
Even i feel that's the reason but when they were aware of such malpractices they should have bought it to public notice long ago, even the dealer's like them need's to be blamed equally.

One thing to ponder upon
When a company sales is falling there is a reason for it. Now i can understand why mercedes sales are falling. There is fundamental problems in Mercedes.
Good for AUDI N BMW

You know, in India you can't even touch the hair of Mercedes Benz and Maruti Suzuki followed by Toyota ,such is the BLIND faith following.
No matter what you point out, people will mock at you.
The Brands are supported by Individual EGO's to unimaginable extends.

You know, in India you can't even touch the hair of Mercedes Benz and Maruti Suzuki followed by Toyota ,such is the BLIND faith following.
No matter what you point out, people will mock at you.
The Brands are supported by Individual EGO's to unimaginable extends.
Already on other forums people have started rationalizing that the dealer dint agree with Mercedes so now is bad mouthing Mercedes [frustration]. Let's see what answer will Mercedes will come up with .

Visran

Really it is a really shocking news !! and I really appreciate you for sharing such news with us.

Now I am clear about Merc sales and their issues, otherwise I was really wondering what was happening [frustration]

This looks to be really un-ethical and cheating customers and playing with the great belief on a reputed brand !!

I wish this reaches to all the Mercedes owners !! and enthusiasts and it is an eye opener who just blindly believe the brands and conclude the buying decisions.

I wish this news reach all our fellow TAIans and will be careful enough with the so called top brands as this can happen with any brand and especially in India where all the buying merely goes with blind belief !!

Thread Starter #13
This news is travelling thick and fast in the web space, but still Merc chooses to keep quiet about this issue, why is SIAM not asking questions?

Top Bottom