Honda City Now Available in CNG (Priced at Rs.9.03 Lakh)

Thread Starter #1
There is a rumor , speculation and some have confirmed that Honda will be providing the city in its cng avatar from October.
The reason was taken primarily because of the dwindling sales of the petrol cars .the city will come with a standard warranty of 2 years and 2 years extended warranty and will be offered in all variants with price ranging from 8-9 lakhs .

Re: Honda to launch city in cng avatar come October .

If this is true then Honda have atlast understood and taken right decision before everything have gone out of hand. And am sure this would be a hit. Imagine Honda City CNG monthly sales more than other diesel cars. [clap][lol]

Re: Honda to launch city in cng avatar come October .

A good step for Honda but not great. CNG will increase sales but marginally as CNG coverage is poor except the metros (infact West Bengal has no CNG at all).

Real test will come with the new Brio Diesel.. if it succeeds we might see it adapted to other models very quickly.

Re: Honda Likely To Launch City CNG in October

Even in Bangalore, we don't have CNG. How about Honda city running in LPG?

But doesn't it kill the driving pleasure of city to some extent?

Thread Starter #5

Even in Bangalore, we don't have CNG. How about Honda city running in LPG?

But doesn't it kill the driving pleasure of city to some extent?
Your expectation is right but the main advantage of cng is mileage which is more then LPG and again cng is safer too. And if not mistaken govt in coming 2-4 years will make cng widely available across the country .
But yes the bangloreans will miss this great offer if it comes true.

Your expectation is right but the main advantage of cng is mileage which is more then LPG and again cng is safer too. And if not mistaken govt in coming 2-4 years will make cng widely available across the country .
But yes the bangloreans will miss this great offer if it comes true.
And I think for govt to stop the current rush for Diesel Cars, They need to make CNG available across India. [;)]

Thread Starter #7

And I think for govt to stop the current rush for Diesel Cars, They need to make CNG available across India. [;)]
But seriously Dharmesh for us mumbaikars , guys from Delhi , Gujarat this is a great deal right ? 1 tankfull of cng gives about 160-170 Kms so in max 400 rs you can travel for 170 Kms with ac and Honda warranty too . But iam more interested to see how Honda tunes the engine since the city has very low end grunt for cng they have to increase it significantly or else the car will be super sluggish to drive in city traffic .

I dont see any point in buying a Honda city CNG. CNG kit finished boot space and performance is slugglish. ALso safety issue is always there.
NISSAN SUNNY DIESEL is anyday better than Honda city CNG.

Honda must plonk diesel engine . CNG kits wont make much headway

There is a difference in type of aftermarket kits one installs. Those going for cheaper kit will go for the open loop, closed loop kits. But companies like honda would in all probability will offer a sequential kit which in city wont make your drive sluggish.

But seriously Dharmesh for us mumbaikars , guys from Delhi , Gujarat this is a great deal right ? 1 tankfull of cng gives about 160-170 Kms so in max 400 rs you can travel for 170 Kms with ac and Honda warranty too . But iam more interested to see how Honda tunes the engine since the city has very low end grunt for cng they have to increase it significantly or else the car will be super sluggish to drive in city traffic .
When I made my first reply to this thread, It was out of joy. But then when I came back to thread and read other replies then I realised that Ohhh..Damn.. other parts of India are not that fortunate as we staying in Mumbai and this thing totally skipped out of my mind. But if Govt makes CNG available easily across India then CNG will be the future IMO.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

well gujrat government will welcome this move [:D] as they are planning to switch all cars to CNG [:D]

The major hurdle is buying city for 9+L with this kit will reduce the boot space,in which case you will anyway get a premium Diesel Hatchback and moreover the availability of CNG across India is also an issue.

Honda to Launch City CNG....

Hi, today morning going through the TOI, I found a news that brought smile on my face. Honda is planning to Launch its CITY model with CNG, this Diwali.

The Car will be 50 - 60k expensive. The disappointing thing is it will not be factory fitted rather it will be dealer fitted. This Step Honda has taken in order to increase the sales of its model as Honda is facing tough time with competing the other companies, esp. the deisel variants car.

Here's the Link:

Article Window

Yes, This is a good news only for partial part of India.

It is really not a great news for us in Hyderabad as if you talk about CNG supply here its sucks[cry]. It is so funny with our government allow the gas generated from AP's KG basin and have an agreement of selling it to Gujarat & Reliance and It has become history now waiting for CNG since last 5 years or so and in anticipation of it we bought a CNG EECO last year for office and really regret for this decision as it runs most of the time on petrol with huge bills[frustration]

And of course whether it is CNG or LPG this boot space issue will be there and it is not that enjoying on such huge sedan with these fuels. Than this it is always look for a nice diesel one in that price bracket

cng at the back of any car makes car heavy first thing
it feels like a heavy guy is always sitting in your car even when parked
this brings more weight on tyres , shockers and all things combined
also on speed breakers you need to be extra slow because of CNG kit
I don't fancy the idea of CNG kit for a Honda since it eats up valuable boot space as per visran and vaibhav

also driving pleasure is reduced because of the CNG
CNG is a break fix for users who are running daily and petrol is a luxury for them now like me
it's not a permanent solution

Top Bottom