Ford Recalls Figo & Fiesta Classic For Rear Twist Beam Replacement

Thread Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

Who has got Ford Figo and Fiesta classic, please check this weblink Ford India Private Limited - Field Service Action (Field Service Action) for REAR TWIST BEAM replacement. I've seen Ford customers are receiving email for RTB part replacement in other forums.

Enter your car VIN/Chassis number and Submit.

My car VIN is listed and I got below message:-

There is 1 Field Service Action
FSA Number: S1204
FIGO FIESTA REAR TWIST BEAM
Yes, your vehicle is included in the Ford Field Service Action. We advise that you get in touch with your nearest Ford Dealer

I'll contact FASS this weekend and will update further.

350Z

Core Team
Re: FORD FIGO and OLD FIESTA (CLASSIC) - REAR TWIST BEAM(RTB) Recall by FORD India

Nofate, Thanks for the heads up. Just checked and found that my car is not included. What is the issue?

Drive Safe,
350Z

Nofate thanks for the headsup, i too checked for my figo 2011 it says its not listed. wht year is your vehical?

Thanks for sharing the info Nofate

I asked a friend of mine who owns Ford Figo petrol 2011 model. He has been advised to contact the service center. The issue as it shows in website after entering his VIN is- PAS hose leak.

He spoke to dealer and the guys say that axle needs to be replaced and it would need around 6 hrs.

For benefit of my friend, I want to know if there is something serious about this and if he needs to take car of anything.

Got my car done, this exercise from Ford is just to ensure that the driving experience is smooth and trouble free, nothing to worry about. Went to the dealership and the process was smooth. Hats off to Ford.

Thanks Nofate,I too Checked for FIGO (Company prvided) and is Listed and says "Yes, Your vehicle is included in the Ford Field Service action. We advise that you get in touch with your nearest Ford Dealer."I will send the Car to Ford Dealer and update.Thanks ,

350Z

Core Team
Ford has declared this as an official recall. The cars affected with defective rear twist beam are manufactured between January 2008 and December 2010. Whereas the Petrol Models of Figo and Fiesta Classic produced between September 2010 to February 2011 are suspected to have issues related to Power Steering Hose.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Kudos to ford for the recall .hope other car makers follw the suit and recall the cars which have inherent problems .

Top Bottom