New Honda CR-V Pricing Starts from Rs.19.95 Lakh (More: Pg.3)

Thread Starter #1
Are you serious about our market, launching an SUV with a petrol motor is an brilliant way to head toward's graveyard.

Our sources close to Honda who helped us break the news of the Honda City facelift last year, have now confirmed that Honda Siel has begun testing the 2013 CR-V on the Indian soil. The news comes in as a big surprise in the wake of rising petrol costs and when speculations are rife that Honda may discontinue its Civic line-up in India due to falling demand for petrol cars. The CR-V too has been plagued with diminutive sales figures since the potent crossover doesn’t come with a diesel option. In spite of that, Honda has begun testing the all-new CR-V in India.
Exclusive Scoop! Honda begins testing 2013 CR-V in India

Attachments

Last edited:
Re: Honda begins testing 2013 CR-V in India

Honda CR-V 2013 model looks really cool though and the changes in interiors look nice as well. But Yes buddy as you mentioned i also think that it's probably not a good idea for launching a SUV that too with a tag above 20L with petrol engine at this point of time.

I guess they should have waited for a little bit until Honda comes up with a diesel engine. I don't think that even the current version is selling in good numbers as well.

SUV worth Rs. 20 lakhs and that also petrol. Big NO NO from Indian buyers. Even the 8lacs petrol cars are facing no sale fate. Then I am not sure what will happen to this car. But CR-V is always one of my favourite SUV.

CR-V has been my favourite Honda car ever since its inception in India.Its sad to see that the lack of diesel motor is literally killing the product.I hope Honda launches it with 2.2 diesel engine around 20 lacs.If that happens it will re-invent its lost success all over again.GO CR-V[:)].

THE X-OVER

CR-V has been my favourite Honda car ever since its inception in India.Its sad to see that the lack of diesel motor is literally killing the product.I hope Honda launches it with 2.2 diesel engine around 20 lacs.If that happens it will re-invent its lost success all over again.GO CR-V[:)].

THE X-OVER
Yes buddy that's what i am talking about. If Honda can manage to provide 2.2 diesel engine it can regain it's position in the Indian market. And yes CR-V is one of the best SUV's in that price range.

Thread Starter #6

Yes buddy that's what i am talking about. If Honda can manage to provide 2.2 diesel engine it can regain it's position in the Indian market. And yes CR-V is one of the best SUV's in that price range.
They always maintained their stance by saying that this Euro spec diesel engine is not compatible for the Diesel available in our country. I wonder how Merc,Audi,BMW manages to sell their car's with the Diesel Engine

but then those who can afford to plonk 20+ lakh on a car should not have an issue to spend on the fuel bills right?

Thread Starter #8

but then those who can afford to plonk 20+ lakh on a car should not have an issue to spend on the fuel bills right?
They too are pretty Value concious, 90% of the luxury car's sold in our country are Petrol car's

Given the fascination we have for Honda in India if what you say is correct then it would have been selling more which it is not and the fortuner is . Honda crv gives mileage of 4 my freind had converted it in cng and now it gives him somewhere between 8-10 [lol]
But what you say also holds true to some extent because 1 famous singer in India with whom I work drives a BMW x5 petrol[:)]

Last edited:

Given the fascination we have for Honda in India if what you say is correct then it would have been selling more which it is not and the fortuner is . Honda crv gives mileage of 4 my freind had converted it in cng and now it gives him somewhere between 8-10 [lol]
CR-V to CNG. OMG. [surprise]. And if it continues the current way days are not far when BMWs, Mercs, Audis will be seen standing in long queue for CNG in all cities across India. [lol]

CR-V to CNG. OMG. [surprise]. And if it continues the current way days are not far when BMWs, Mercs, Audis will be seen standing in long queue for CNG in all cities across India. [lol]
Btw in some thread Mastersquall said he has seen the above mentioned cars with cng in Delhi [lol]

Re: Honda Begins Testing 2013 CR-V in India

Yes i have seen many civics,CRVs, corollas and the outlander being in queue to be converted to cng. There is a authorised dealership in our area which deals in aftermarket cng kits.
I see that as a blessing in disguise. People will have an image about Them being wealthy enough to pay for the petrol bills and having such cars make them stand out in the crowd.
Also such cars have bigger boot space so the cng tank wont be an issue.

Nah, we like to pay only for car not for fuel. We already pay more to car maker & in taxes to Govt. Apart from that, diesel has atleast 25-30% better FE. And latest gen diesel don't even feel like diesels.

Just because you have Iphone4S or Samsung S3, doesn't mean you take talk plan having max rates/min. I have couple of friends who have Galaxy Note but within group have inter-calling free [lol].

350Z

Core Team
Re: Honda Begins Testing 2013 CR-V in India

Are you serious about our market, launching an SUV with a petrol motor is an brilliant way to head toward's graveyard.
Honda CR-V was dead long back when Honda decided to jump up the prices. It although is a good product but not worth if Honda is thinking to repeat the mistake.

You know, even a Mercedes owner thinks twice before spending penny. Probably that’s why he owns a Merc. :smile:

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom