Ford Drops ‘Fiesta’ Tag from Classic. Titanium Model Launched at 6.86 Lakhs

Thread Starter #1
The Ford Fiesta Classic is getting another makeover and will come with an even lower price tag. According to a source, the top-end Fiesta Classic SXi will now be called the Classic Titanium and will come with a price tag that’s about Rs. 70,000 lower. The top-end diesel could now be priced at about Rs. 7.7 lakh, ex-showroom Delhi.

What's New

The Titanium variant of the Classic gets a new design of alloy wheels, a boot spoiler and the Fiesta badge is now completely dropped from this car. It is now simply the Ford Classic Titanium. Externally, otherwise there are minimal changes and the car looks more or less the same.

The engines in the Classic remain the same – a choice of a 1.6 litre petrol engine that develops 100 bhp of power and 146 Nm of torque, and the frugal 1.4 litre Duratorq diesel engine that develops 68 bhp of power and 160 Nm of torque. Both engines come with a five-speed manual transmission.

On the interiors, the Titanium variant won’t get the fake wood paneling any more. This has been replaced by black plastics with aluminum finish inserts. It does not feel as plush as the older Classic. The music system in the Classic is now the same one that is present in the Figo, with Bluetooth phone control. Electric mirrors remain. The upholstery too has changed to a darker fabric. Rear defogger, rear fog lamps, front fog lamps continue on this car too.

On the safety front, the top-end Titanium gets ABS and dual front airbags. We are not sure how many lower variants there will be – most likely only an entry level and a mid variant apart from the top-end Titanium, instead of the present four variants each. Our source informed us only of the Titanium variant.

Pricing

The present Classic SXi is priced at Rs. 8.49 lakh ex-showroom Delhi for the diesel and Rs. 7.52 lakh for the petrol SXi. However, our source indicates that there could be up to Rs. 70,000 off on these top-end trims making the diesel Titanium available for an ex-showroom price of Rs. 7.7 lakh, while the petrol could get a price tag of Rs. 6.75 lakh or so. This makes the Ford Classic Titanium a very good value-for-money vehicle.

Source : New Ford Fiesta Classic with price cut, new features in Titanium, specifications | Cartoq - Honest Car Advice

350Z

Core Team
Re: Ford Fiesta Classic Getting a Makeover Soon

Welcome aboard to The Automotive India, Asir. Thanks for sharing this piece of news. Ford has finally realized that keeping two models in a similar range isn’t going to help much. Fiesta Classic was itself eating up most of the sales of its own sibling (New Fiesta). It seems that Ford is now working on further cost cutting with top-end Classic. Glad I bought the current Fiesta Classic SXi. Let’s wait and watch if there are any other noticeable changes on the exteriors.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #4

Thank You "350Z". Hope this repositioning of Classic will work for FORD like the Ikon Tdci did it for them 3 years back.

Welcome to TAI Asir,nice piece of news good to see Ford reducing the price further on the top end model as it was cannibalising Fiesta's sales.

350Z

Core Team

can we expect a cost cut for Classic CLXi version too?
I don’t think so. Ford is more or less focusing to further reposition the Classic lower than New Fiesta. Presently it is not the case since old Fiesta is overlapping the new model. Classic SXi retails for Rs.7.52 Lakh whereas New Fiesta after revised pricing costs Rs.7.35 Lakhs (Ex. Showroom, Delhi). After cost cutting on SXi and slashing another Rs.70,000 (i.e. Rs.6.82 Lakh) – It would make for a fair product line up in terms of pricing.

On the interiors, the Titanium variant won’t get the fake wood paneling any more. This has been replaced by black plastics with aluminum finish inserts. It does not feel as plush as the older Classic. The music system in the Classic is now the same one that is present in the Figo, with Bluetooth phone control.
From this statement, it seems that now even SXI will bear the Figo’s Dashboard.

most likely only an entry level and a mid variant apart from the top-end Titanium, instead of the present four variants each. Our source informed us only of the Titanium variant.
Correction: Ford Fiesta Classic has only three variants namely, LXi, CLXi and SXi.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #7

Thank you "Visran".

From this statement, it seems that now even SXI will bear the Figo’s Dashboard.
Had a chat with a Sales Rep in FORD. He told me that Sxi is re-badged as Titanium with Figo Dash, Figo Bluetooth Player, No leather seats, Dark interiors.

I have also heard that Fiesta Moniker will be removed from the car and will be called just "CLASSIC"

350Z

Core Team

Goa on Wheels has managed to capture a couple of photographs. It is said that the car would come equipped with two bonus features: Auto Door Lock and Speed Sensing Volume Control. Let me try to dig out more info on this.

Ford-Classic-1.jpg

Ford-Classic-2.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

350Z

Core Team

So the fiesta name has indeed been dropped right?
Yup. Ford has now officially rebranded the Fiesta Classic as ‘Ford Classic’. The base and middle variant remains untouched while the top-end SXI variant is now known as ‘Titanium’ to match with rest of the variant line up of the Ford cars. As expected, the pricing has been reduced to a considerable margin in order to position this car below the New Fiesta, through cost cutting, though Ford has also smartly balanced that by adding a few fresh features namely: Speed Sensing Volume Controls + Drive Away Locks + MP3 with Bluetooth + New Alloy Wheels. The Ex. showroom, Delhi pricing is as follows:

> 1.6 Titanium (Petrol): Rs.6,86,400

> 1.4 Titanium (Diesel): Rs.7,82,000

Michael Boneham said:
“We have been listening to our customers to offer a value proposition with smart technologies and best-in-class features with the introduction of the Titanium variant in our Ford Classic range. By bringing in Bluetooth telephony in this segment and integrating eight other outstanding features, we have delivered on our promise to democratize technology and add unmatched value to a reliable, fun-to-drive Ford Classic”.
As a Fiesta Classic SXi owner myself, I could figure out a few apparent changes (Read cost cutting):

> Ford Figo Dashboard

> Ford Figo’s Audio Set up

> Basic Alloy Wheels Design

> Missing Chrome Grille / ORVM

> Unfoldable Rear Seat Base (Figo’s Seat?)

New-Ford-Classic-2012-Launched.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

Re: Ford Drops ‘Fiesta’ Name from Classic. Relaunched at Rs.6.86 Lakhs

Will be interesting to see weather this effort will be appreciated by huge sales jump?

Re: Ford Classic Relaunched with New Features at Rs.6.86 Lakhs

In my view the ford classic is anyday better car then the swift dezire

In my view the ford classic is anyday better car then the swift dezire
Agree with you, this model is well priced,well equipped and more practical than dezire, but our Indian's will overlook everything else as long as they see S moniker on the grill.

Excellent piece of news. Ford has followed Tata's footsteps by removing the Fiesta badge from the Classic variant. However, i feel that the good thing is, the car has not been stripped down in a drastic way. Rather it has been done in a way which would neither hurt the current Classic owner not the future ones.
I was browsing though the Ford website and i was amazed to see the pricing basic diesel model to be somewhere around 6.XX bucks which imo is good enough as compare to Etios and likes.

Top Bottom