Phew! had a field day at office and i got a chance to take a Short TD of this much awaited Enjoy(at-least for me). It was a 10 mins of TD where i drove, sat in all the seats and checked out most of the important things.Below are my observations:
There are three models being offered in Chevrolet Enjoy:
LS; LT; LTZ. The Good:
1) This MPV is all about space and flexibility inside.
2) Better Ground Clearance(not best) and easy to get in/out especially for seniors who looks for the steps there usually in these kind of vehicles. It's just like Tall boy hatches which i liked)
3) looks and feels modern but not really exciting on the exteriors.
4) Features offered in the base model is good (LS being base which carries A/C(with roof-top vents, P.S, All 4 power-windows, Body colored Bumpers,Tachometer)read Value quotient.
5) Makes a decent approach in the road presence department.
6) Front view has a commanding position where even short people gets a good view and GM should be well appreciated in this part.
8) Maneuverability in the city is decent except to look at the rear as it is over 4 meters in length.
9) Steering is absolutely nice to hold and move around where it also tells that handling is some sort of good for me at-least.
10) Pricing seems to be mouth-watering and more appealing to the fleet operators and people normally with a big family.
11) Turbo-lag was not felt at low speeds, but don't know how it really performs in the highways. The Bad:
1) A/C is ineffective and takes a lot of time to cool the cabin, however the humidity is not observed when a/c is switched on.
2) The roof top a/c vents though has 3 speed adjustable button, it was not something which was desired and might worry some people who are in hot temperature region.
3) Build looks flimsy(some Chinese DNA i suppose) for the on-lookers IMO
4) Features offered in Top-End variant doesn't feel good or dissatisfying to spend good 10 lakhs and in this case i feel Ertiga is worth going for if concerned in this department. The Ugly(
please note the points mentioned below is not really serious for consideration,rather commenting on my observation)
1) Plastics are somewhat not to many people's taste and does feel like a let down for people (a prospective buyer came with us for a TD and commented that its not expected for a 8+ Lakh vehicle).Not promising either.
2) Finishing on the interiors would have come more tight to make it look perfect.
3) Offering Single Din HU which has USB and Aux Port(only in top-end trim) is not ideal but it is justified for the price offering.
4) Engine is just adequate and has mediocre performance, so don't expect it to jump from its place.
5) Company claims the mileage of 18kmpl where in the real world it could come to 15 or so, but its competitor Ertiga has an hand over Enjoy.
6) The A.S.S part is yet to be ascertained and a skeptical thought for many new buyers for chevy.
7) There is less thigh support in the 3rd row which is best suited for short people and kids, but not really a thing to complain.
This is all friends, Now the last part is the pricing where it would be known in the later part of this day and when the SE said it will be in 8-10 lakhs range, i felt it is good.
In comparison, i must say it is slightly better than the Evalia and not better than Ertiga where the latter is still a better buy for individuals.