Come 2017, Indians Can Drive Down To Thailand!

Thread Starter #1
Indians may soon be able drive down to Myanmar and do business with a country that is perfectly situated to play the role of an economic bridge between India and China and between South and South-East Asia.

Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh went on a three-day official visit to resource-rich Myanmar that ended Tuesday - a prime ministerial trip from India to the hitherto isolated nation aftere 25 years - a trip that saw the inking of a dozen agreements that would improve connectivity, expand trade and forge intellectual links through their think-tanks.

Connectivity between the neighbours - who share over a 1600 km land border - was topmost on the agenda and the two countries decided to cooperate in a number of road building projects and the prime minister hoped in Yangon that "the very symbolic Trilateral Highway that will connect India, Myanmar and Thailand can be fully built by 2016".

Once the highway is complete, it would be possible to drive down from India via Myanmar to Thailand and beyond.

Source:
Doing trade, driving down to Myanmar just got easier - NY Daily News

oh WOW!! just WOW!! will definitely have to do this trip!! this is just excellent news. but 2016 is too far. also if we have TAI meet in india, i can actually show up in my car. haha

also this means i can take my civic to india or even bring my Xylo to bangkok. PERFECT!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #3
Re: Come 2016,You will be able to Drive to Thailand.

this is just excellent news. but 2016 is too far.
Considering the infrastructure required to build such a long highway and the hassles of procuring land,and the equity required to complete the project, I guess 2016 is a very commendable project completion date.

I would rather prefer this snail paced PM to first finish off our Golden Quadrilateral project.

also this means i can take my civic to india or even bring my Xylo to bangkok. PERFECT!!
That too alongwith a co-passenger, for free (I mean free travel only).[;)]

Woww that's nice. Good for people who love long trips as well. I would definitely love to make a trip on this one.

I would rather prefer this snail paced PM to first finish off our Golden Quadrilateral project.

That too alongwith a co-passenger, for free (I mean free travel only).[;)]
+100 to that buddy

Re: Come 2016, Indians Will Be Able To Drive To Thailand!

In India our government is incapable of making even normal roads - 2016 or 2036 [lol]

Last edited by a moderator:

This road will again run into issues later upon who will take credit & then comes inauguration part.[lol] In Pune, several roads, bridges were being used by public even before being officially inaugurated just for the reason there was fighting between various politicians on who will inaugurate what. Similar was case in Nagpur. These politicians are so junk that they will even inaugurate their own coffin before getting inside. [lol]

hey that's cool...well if it get constructed will we need visa to travel there???

haha it is least we have to pay only 100,going abroad(its abroaaad[:D]),so atleast 500 toll required[lol]

350Z

Core Team

Sharing an update on recent development regarding this project:
The idea of driving down to Bangkok in a car or bus from any northeastern state may become reality by 2017, with India signing a memorandum of understanding with Myanmar on opening four-lane motorways to promote trade and tourism from the northeastern states into that country, and on to Thailand, and eventually Cambodia and Vietnam as well.

Noting that the proposed trans-Asian highway was a very old project that had failed to take off so far, security sources said that Prime Minister Narendra Modi was keen to operationalise a planned superhighway linking Guwahati to Bangkok via Mandalay and Yangon, Myanmar’s former capital. The sources added that the external affairs ministry was also exploring the possibility of starting passenger bus services between Moreh in Manipur and Mandalay. New Delhi wants the bus service started as soon as possible.

The trans-Asian highway is part of the “Mekong-India Corridor” intended to link Indian markets with China, the sources said, saying the PM had told officials to convert the “Look East Policy” into “Action East Policy”. The Northeast Frontier Railway was given a six-month deadline to commission tracks linking the border states to augment infrastructure development.

The new superhighway will open up new oil and gas opportunities off the coasts of Myanmar and Vietnam, and enable easier access to Japanese products made in Thailand, the security sources said. The trans-Asian highway will also be connected to NH2 to facilitate an opening direct from New Delhi to Southeast Asia. The many stumbling blocks to the project are being cleared on a priority basis, the sources added. Source: Link
Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom