Chevrolet Spark Facelift Launched at Rs. 3.16 Lacs

Thread Starter #1
Chevrolet Spark will undergo a facelift soon. According to an industry source, the refreshed version of General Motors India’s entry-level model will be launched by September 2012. When contacted, P Balendran, vice president - Corporate Affairs, GM India gave no details but said “We keep upgrading our products regularly so that they avoid brand fatigue.”

The Spark, launched in 2007, will undergo cosmetic changes only which, in other words, would mean redesigned exterior parts like headlamps and both front and rear bumpers. The facelift is expected to push up Spark’s sales, which have seen a decline 2011-12. The Spark is only available in petrol and given the buyer preference for diesel, sales of the Spark have fallen. In 2011-12, the car sold 23,183 units as compared to 34,602 units in the previous year.

Source:
Autocar Professional

Re: Chevrolet Spark Facelift Coming Up in September

lol, it anyways doesn't sell much no point launching a facelift.
Launch an all new car with better space man !

Thread Starter #4

lol, it anyways doesn't sell much no point launching a facelift.
Launch an all new car with better space man !
The problem is The new Beat is the next gen Spark, GM would not bother to invest money in developing a new car only for our market.
The best they can do is to get a cost efficient product from there Chinese partner SAIC who also happen to own 50% of GM India operation.

The problem is The new Beat is the next gen Spark, GM would not bother to invest money in developing a new car only for our market.
The best they can do is to get a cost efficient product from there Chinese partner SAIC who also happen to own 50% of GM India operation.
Agree with you, they won't design a complete new car for our market. What will be the changes you think are going to be their because its a facelift ?
I don't think much would be changed, I guess the interior colors bit of features and from exterior the tail lamps would change to the Spark electric ones.

Thread Starter #6

hope they come out with a fresh looking car,Cos spark is almost a decade old design and it surely needs some serious attention.

hope they come out with a fresh looking car,Cos spark is almost a decade old design and it surely needs some serious attention.
Yes they need some fresh desgin I own one never ever gave me any problem till date not a single rattling it's actually a trouble free no nonsense car but it needs a good uplift from GM now.

Thread Starter #8

Yes they need some fresh desgin I own one never ever gave me any problem till date not a single rattling it's actually a trouble free no nonsense car but it needs a good uplift from GM now.
It has a very simple but proven mechanicals.

great to hear that. You still own it ?

great to hear that. You still own it ?
Yes I do it for last 4 years spark is a well built car with good comfertable space for 4 and has never given me any problems .

cool !!
didn't expected such a happy owner of Chevrolet. I am a bit surprised that chevrolet didn't give any problem.

cool !!
didn't expected such a happy owner of Chevrolet. I am a bit surprised that chevrolet didn't give any problem.
I mean do you knw some unhappy owners personally ?

Thread Starter #13

cool !!
Why do you say that? Is it your perception that all chevy's are poor or have you had a bad experience with their product's?

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

it totally depends on one's experience. if one has a bad experience , he will feel negative for the company.

i test drove the polo diesel. hated its gearbox. for some reason always got stuck in reverse gear. skoda also have similar gearbox but didn't have any problem in skoda. but vw.

so for me polo sucks :P

Top Bottom