ok guys since i was going to vashi for some shopping and my friend who wanted to check duster and compare it with scorpio,safari and then book it i thought why not check the verito also ?
unfortunately the test drive vehicle was not there but they had a choclate brown verito top model on display .
here are my impressions and some pictures .
1) new verito looks million times stylish and better then the logan and the verito mahindra was selling before this.
2)paint quality is above average but not mindblowing .
3) yes mahindra has managed to shed the boxy feeling of the logan yes it has a little boxy feel to it but no where it looks bad .
4) again i feel the roof rails should have not been there and there is too much of cladding on the sides the boot area is nicely done but as mahindra gets a little carried away allways they have given some cuts in the boot which was not needed they dont look bad but not well styled as the rapid .
5) the interiors look somewhat weird because of the colour its not beige , its like white with 5% grey mixed in it i have never seen such colour ever in a car and honestly cant say if they look bad or good its a little strange .
6) fabric inserts are somewhat swede type of material on doors and in no time they will get dirty i can bet my life on that .
7) logan is famous for its wide rear seat and the new verito is no differnt but the under tigh support is very less and its no where sofa like manza its like flat bench and not much reclining angle to it .
8) ergonomics for the driver seat is great and the gears are sleek smooth and the clutch is surprisingly smooth and has very less travel no complaints over it .
9) nobody in the showroom was intrested in verito other then me mahindra must say thanx to TAI
IMHO anybody who is not wearing a ' i love maruti and toyota " t-shirt the verito is a better option any day . the dezire just wins over it because its maruti and the interiors look more modern and upmarket then the verito .
verito interiors are not bad they look very well screwed its just that it has a wannabe look (like a farmer who was in bad shape and suddenly sold his land and has a lot of money and is very excited to spend his money on clothes who ends up dressing like a wannabe thinking he is looking very upmarket btw
etios is still the poor farmer in bad shape and lot of loans and not finding any buyer for his land ) .
should we be giving a round of applause to mahindra for this refresh ?ofcourse yes because they have made a old and boxy boring looking sedan look handsome and does have equal capacity to take head on with the fords and marutis ,toyota . will i buy verito or etios or dezire or feista classic ? i will decide in ford classic and verito whoever gives me better discount i will go for it .
pictures are following.