Surprise! Skoda Launches Fabia Scout in India at Rs.6.79 Lakhs

Thread Starter #1

AMG

Suspended
Skoda Fabia Scout

Skoda is looking at getting its tough-looking Fabia Scout to India which is likely to be displayed at the Auto Expo in January 2012. Basically an off-road version of its Fabia hatch, the Scout is not a hardcore 4x4 but a car that’s been mildly altered for limited off-road driving.

Mechanical changes on the Fabia Scout are very few. The suspension has been raised to help deal with off-road tracks and poorly paved roads, and this has been done by utilising taller springs, matching dampers and anti-roll bars. Ground clearance as a result is good enough to allow the Scout to be driven with gusto over an unpaved road. The Fabia Scout remains a front-wheel-drive car though. There’s no four-wheel-drive hardware and no limited slip differential or lockable diffs. So anything more challenging than a dirt road could prove tough for the Skoda.

The Scout looks quite different from the standard Fabia. Skoda has used scratch and gravel-resistant cladding for the underside of the doors, the wheel arches are clad in the same material and there is cladding used around the rear of the car as well. There’s a scruff plate at the rear, easily visible on the Indian car and a Scout badge identifies this special model too. However, while the Indian car has a nose and front bumper similar to the standard Fabia, the Scout in other markets gets a fully clad bumper and with sunk- in fog lamps. The Indian car also doesn’t get the roof-rails or alloy wheels seen on the European car, and this could be due to the fact that Skoda is economising by putting fewer custom bits on the car.
Powering the Fabia Scout will be Skoda’s current crop of engines. The 105bhp 1.6 petrol will be the most attractive option, and the 1.2 three-cylinder petrol and diesel engines may be made available as well. What’s not clear however is if the Scout can still duck under the four-metre mark, and qualify for an excise cut. The standard Fabia is already 4000mm long.

While the Scout is unlikely to have mass appeal, it will be quite appealing to people who love to travel off the beaten track. The Scout will easily manage the highest Himalayan passes and will be an ideal companion on trips across poorly paved secondary roads in India.
You can expect this special edition Skoda to have a limited number of die-hard fans here too. Remember Fiat’s Palio Adventure whose similarly raised and clad estate proved to be quite a hit. Price this car at around Rs 9 lakh and Skoda is sure to sell more than a few cars.

Source: Autocar India

Attachments

Re: Skoda fabia scout

Just by making a few chnages in the exterior look does not make it an off-road vehicle, It might look like one though..!

If its gonna come with the current engines&specs, I dont think it can actually give an off-road ride unless they tweak some other factors and its gonna be just a cosmetic approach. IMO

Thread Starter #3

AMG

Suspended
Re: Skoda fabia scout

Just by making a few chnages in the exterior look does not make it an off-road vehicle, It might look like one though..!

You have a living example to prove you wrong here, the Skoda Yeti.

Now dont tell me it isnt a proper SUV, or that it isnt a Laura with a SUV frame.

350Z

Core Team
Re: Skoda Fabia Scout

Though it is a smarten up Fabia but I feel that an estate will be better considering that Skoda prices it sensibly. I hope first Skoda would observe the public response before rolling this out in the market; otherwise it will end up as a disaster. More so when there are some exciting Mini-SUVs coming up. You cannot compare the Indian market with the time when Fiat launched Adventure with what it is right now.

2011-Skoda-Fabia-Scout-used-car-values-588x441.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

Well i personally don't find it logical to dump 9Lakhs for this Fabia on a raised platform. There are full sized real bigger and better SUV'S available for this price tag if off-roading is the main criteria.

Only people who are smitten by Skoda name will buy this. Otherwise this platform doesnt make sense. You get much better options in Safari Dicor and Scorpio for that price.

Thread Starter #7

AMG

Suspended

Though it is a smarten up Fabia but I feel that an estate will be better considering that Skoda prices it sensibly. I hope first Skoda would observe the public response before rolling this out in the market; otherwise it will end up as a disaster. More so when there are some exciting Mini-SUVs coming up. You cannot compare the Indian market with the time when Fiat launched Adventure with what it is right now.

I agree.
That would have literally killed the Manza Marina.

SKODA launches FABIA SCOUT @6.79lakh ex showroom for the petrol variant and diesel variant start's from 8.10lakh ex showroom.
Guess it's a very bad move from Skoda, i feel they are asking too much a premium for it's pseudo SUV look's(they do not even bother to increase the ride height),this product is surely gonna be a history in no time if the prices are not revised.[frustration]

Some add features:

Projector headlamps
Front bumper with spoiler
Rear bumper with diffuser
Peripheral protective cladding
Front & rear door sill trims
stainless steel pedal set
Leather bits & pieces

Prices.png
ŠKODA Auto India introduces the Fabia Scout variant to the Fabia model line. The all new Fabia Scout will start at Rs 6.79 lacs ex showroom Delhi and will allow greater extension to the very dynamic Fabia product range. While extending the model line, ŠKODA has retained its value for money proposition and class leading values in safety, comfort and efficiency. Customers looking for a unique proposition will favour the new ŠKODA Fabia Scout for its distinctly individual look and rugged urban appeal. It will be aimed at urban, self-driven individuals who are evolved and informed consumers.

The Fabia Scout firmly establishes itself as a benchmark for spacious interiors, quality materials and value proposition. Visually, it differentiates itself from any other hatchback with substantial peripheral body cladding and bumper spoiler & diffuser. Both of which, convey solidity of purpose, the ability to stand out and above conventional designs.

Projector headlamps and a stainless steel pedal set further reinforce the distinct elements that set the new ŠKODA Fabia Scout apart, while the small leather package builds upon the appraised quality of the ŠKODA Fabia.

Other high level equipment – such as dual airbags, integrated audio player, power windows, remote locking, tinted glasses are also fitted to this version.
The Fabia Scout is an extension of the successful new ŠKODA Fabia with a distinct, tough and sporty offering to the customers from the ŠKODA Family.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: SKODA launches FABIA SCOUT @6.79lakh ex showroom

Extremely ridiculous pricing from skoda

Maybe this car would have worked well if they would have offered the 1.6 TDI/MPI engines in it.
Else for those 1.2l diesel and petrol mills,who will spend around 9 lacs.
OVER-OPTIMISTIC PRICING...their own 'Rapid' will eat this car up.

What is this? A big looking Fabia or a small looking Yeti. [shock]

Neither do I like Fabia nor do Yeti. And Frankly speaking dont like SCOUT as well. And at such pricing I would definitely get a Good sedan by stretching a budget little bit more.

What is this? A big looking Fabia or a small looking Yeti. [shock]

Neither do I like Fabia nor do Yeti. And Frankly speaking dont like SCOUT as well. And at such pricing I would definitely get a Good sedan by stretching a budget little bit more.
+100 about pricing . I think skoda was smoking something really nasty while pricing which made them feel Indians percive their brand out of this world .

I really don't understand how Professional & Multinational companies like Skoda/VW decide a Rediculous Price tag like they have done with the Scout. A Stupid Move, i would say. I think they hav not understood the Asian/India market that well
Why should a person pay Rs. 8.10 lac for a small car when He/She can easily buy a Super Diesel Sedan for that price.
Skoda: A full 0 (Zero) to you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom