Maruti Ertiga VS Mahindra Xylo

Which is better?

• Total voters
Ertiga- maruti reliability , fuel economy , good resale .
Xylo- space space space, powerful engine

Xylo anyday.

Looks are the only issue for Xylo.
Ertiga is not a looker either.

Ertiga looks like just a slightly bulged Estilo.

Ertiga 7 seater - difficult. (3+1 adults + 2 kids will be just fine).

Only factor in favour of Ertiga is that FIAT engine and Maruti Suzuki brand image in entry level segment.

Xylo is powerful, rugged and spacious.

Ertiga for me looks like a blown up HOnda jazz.
I am still not so sure of its performance when fully loaded.

In the taxi/cab segment Xylo is the winner as space is of more concern than features.
Ertiga probably would be a hit for personal use within 10L Budget. And of-course the fuel efficient engine.

Its Xylo for me. Because I perosnally think that Ertiga will be best suited for 5 people and occasionally 7. Plus the power under the hood is lesser than Xylo. In Xylo Lotzzzzz of space. But yes we cannot forget the Maruti's ASS, resale value, and good mileage. But then it is individual's choice on what they need. :-)

My vote goes to Xylo for the following reasons,
Xylo
+ Space (read spaaaaace)
+ Better 2nd row & 3rd row comfort
+ Big tyres --> eats pot holes easily
- FE, resale, A.S.S (compared to Ertiga)

Ertiga
+ "Maruti"
+ Compact for city driving & parking
+ FE, reasle, A.S.S
- Best suitable for 5 adults + 2 kids (not a practical 7 seater)
- Low power engine

I dint like the Ertiga. It looks too flimsy & the puny 1.3 motor (for a 7 seater) just does not cut in for me. Also, I feel it lacks the width to be a proper 7/8 seater. It looks like a bloated Ritz to me. Also, I feel the Ertiga looks like a van whereas the Xylo looks like an MUV. So, its the Xylo for me.

Ertiga is absolutely no competition to the mighty Xylo, however refined and better handling the Ertiga may be. Xylo in my opinion is a full size UV while Ertiga is a compact UV which should rather give competition to the upcoming mini-Xylo.

In any case, I would have opted for Xylo, Ertiga to me looks a station wagon update of SX4 with near identical dimensions along with Ritz-ish headlight cluster. It should be categorized into a different segment of compact and mini UVs like Rio, mini-Xylo, and the Ecosport.

Just considering the Ertiga in the city drive will be easier to handle in heavy traffic.
Just saw a Eritga on the road.It was not top end model as it had steel rims.

I dont think we can compare Ertiga to Xylo/Innova since, Ertiga is a 5+2 seater where as Xylo/Innova are a 7 seater

logic : Can we compare Sx4 to a Laura ? just because both are of same type and can accomaodate 5. NOPE! Makes sense....????

i didnt saw ertiga on road till now so lets wait about its onroad performance and views of the owners who will buy it.talking of xylo.........i think xylo is now even better in looks then its previous versions because the front grill is made more wider and it gives a perfect looks to this vehicle and i think there is no need to talk about the power and performance of xylo.every body knows it.[thumbsup]

Top Bottom