Ford Ecosport vs Renault Duster vs Mahindra Quanto vs Maruti Ertiga

Your Choice?

• Total voters
Thread Starter #1
By end of the year the mini compact suv segment will get very busy.Though uts too early since we don't have any information with us and many factors are considered before making a decision still If you are in a market to buy 1 which one will you buy and why with whatever information We have so far ?

Re: ecosport or duster or mini xylo what is your pick ?

For me its going out to be Renault Duster.Duster more look a proper SUV,ready to take bad roads easily.Interior are also good but may not be flashy like of Ecosport.

Re: ecosport or duster or mini xylo what is your pick ?

People who have seen the duster say the duster is a first gen diesel mated To common rail to meet the emission norms, so the nvh may not be that good.
Also skoda is planning a compact suv to come in similar price range where the yeti is now going to come in 7 seater variant.

Re: Ford Ecosport vs Renault Duster vs Mahindra Mini Xylo

If all these are going to be only 5-seater & cost 7-8L+, then these are a complete NO for me. I would prefer Safari/Scorpio base variant.

If all these are going to be only 5-seater & cost 7-8L+
But in other way Most of the premium hatch top model cost is same like this, then why not to consider these as options?

Thread Starter #7

But in other way Most of the premium hatch top model cost is same like this, then why not to consider these as options?
Exactly all this options are going to be comfortable 5 seaters plus very good boot space and also good ground clearance and will drive and Handel like a car plus will have good mileage compared to Scorpio and safari .

That is why I prefer sedans like Fiesta (Classic), Manza etc. over such premium hatches. Atleast they provide proper boot space & a big car feeling at same price.
These mini SUVs are just like over-grown hatches & will not command space which actual SUVs like Safari & Scorpio do but will cost the same.

If these are priced similar to the Premier Rio, then they make an interesting VFM proposition.

This is just my opinion. [:)]

350Z

Core Team

By end of the year the mini compact suv segment will get very busy.Though uts too early since we don't have any information with us and many factors are considered before making a decision still If you are in a market to buy 1 which one will you buy and why with whatever information We have so far ?
Mini-Xylo is likely to be cheaper than other two. The real competition is between Ecosport and Duster. Although I like both the cars but it will be too early to comment about the favourite pick unless we have a clue on pricing and features for a fair comparison.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Renault Duster RxE Vs Scorpio LX vs Safari LX

Today Renault has launched most awaited Duster.
Lets have comparison - Renault Duster RxE Vs Scorpio LX vs Safari LX
So what do you think ?

Renault Duster RxE – 7.99 lakhs
Scorpio LX - 8.07 lakhs
Safari LX - 7.90 lakhs

Re: Renault Duster RxE Vs Scorpio LX vs Safari LX

Buddy,in my views the Duster has its direct competition in form of Ertiga and upcoming ford Ecosport.Won't the comparison with these full fledged SUVs be quite unfair?

Buddy,in my views the Duster has its direct competition in form of Ertiga and upcoming ford Ecosport.Won't the comparison with these full fledged SUVs be quite unfair?
+1 Vipul. I guess till now Ertiga is the main target Renault.[:D]

Cant comment on it before Mahindra comes out with their offering.

Thread Starter #14

+1 Vipul. I guess till now Ertiga is the main target Renault.[:D]
Ertiga cannot be the main target it's a muv first and if you ask me it's more vfm if practicality is concerned duster is only good if you have a family of 5 period. I saw the car and have driven it it's very good car to drive but it's just a 5 seater with a huge boot nothing more then that ertiga is safe and sound and will still keep having it record bookings .
If any 1 wants a super easy car to drive with super slick , precise gearshifts and well built plastics inside ( though not very attractive ) and a strict 5 seater can look for the base duster other then that Scorpio and safari are still better the only thing they lack is the quality of uneven panel gaps and the bulk and size and they are pretty old now on our roads.
As far as pics are concerned IMHO the ecosport looks more stylish and upmarket and the cabin inside looks modern and upmarket but since we all know the pricing strategy of ford is most of the times ridiculous can comment till the price is out and yes it's smaller in length then the duster it will of the same length like the jaaz , i20 and new dezire but more taller and as wide as the duster .

Top Bottom