Hyundai Considering i20 Saloon?

Thread Starter #1
As per Autocar India, Hyundai is mulling over the idea of bringing a saloon version of the i-20 hatch in India by 2014. They have realised that the Accent is well past its prime & the verna sits high in the 8-10lac bracket. So there is a huge void below it to compete with the likes of verito, indigo, manza & dezire! Which is absolutely correct if you ask me...

Thread Starter #3
Re: Hyundai i 20 saloon?

No,not again..
We are already fed up of one DZire so why now a DZire from Hyundai too?
Hahahaha, well said...but unfortunately thats where they get the volumes from. India is a paisa wasool country. To the layman, people who buy fabia/polo (1.6),jazz, i20 with some 6plus lac rs, are bloody fools as because these are 'small cars' after all!!! Its only people who understand cars truly, who will appreciate the above mentioned cars for what they are!!! [;)]

I am now thinking of starting a new business,in that business I'll do work of attaching a box at the boot of hatches.I think I can get a lot of customers who will buy an aftermarket boot for their hatch to make it look big car..howz the idea??:biggrin:

Then it will go this way:-
Buy an Alto and get a boot at 50% off,limited period offer,first come first serve..
Why?Because in India as long as your car is,so is the size of your reputation.

350Z

Core Team

In fact, I was wondering the same while browsing through Hyundai Accent website sometime ago. Hyundai should anyways get rid of the Accent in their line up. Though it is a nice car but getting too long in the tooth and it has not received major facelift either. Can’t say how a boot-version of i20 will look but I would appreciate if car makers think out of the box and at least offer the sedan with its own independent identity rather than following the herd.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom