Registration woes in Kolkata

Thread Starter #1
Dear All,

We have booked a Honda Brio VMT on 1st March 2012 & was assured delivery by Eastern Honda on 11th March but now it seems it may not happen in the near future.

It so happens that our present Transport Department has decided to inspect & certify each & every variant of each & every car manufacturer before it goes to the Public Vehicles Dept(PWD)! Now most variants are minor facelifts or small feature additions which doesn't change the car technically hence these never fell in the ambit of fresh certifications from MVD. But now our Govt seems to think otherwise. They are taking ages to certify the car variants resulting in a huge backlog in dealerships.

Our dealer has duped us by taking full payment inspite of knowing about this issue. They are now claiming that they had expected this problem to be sorted out very soon but have been proven wrong.

We as customers are suffering as usual. Honda's bad luck continues. First the tsunami, then thai floods & now WB Govt.'s arrogance is costing them dear. Its so pathetic & depressing as we feel helpless.

Check the link: Car registration hits a bump in city - Times Of India
Jazzy

Thread Starter #3
Hi, very bad. but u are not alone. only wait and watch now. how much time estimate rto is giving ?
Hi venom
I have no idea. It seems Honda official have come down to kolkata to talk to the Transport Secy to sort things out. I smell a rat here. Its all about under the table dealings. West bengal needs money desperately & they will get it by hoodwinking car manufacturers it seems. My dealers saying it should happen next week but I'm aghast that such a thing can happen in any country! What a state we are living in....[cry][frustration]

Jazzy

hey buddy this is very sad to know! well its unfair also from honda guys. they should have given you info on this before. i agree with venom wait for now and if wait gets longer mail higher people at honda that dealer dint tell you about it!

Thread Starter #5
Thanks Umang, the wait it seems is over. The dealer had called today promising delivery by tomorrow as registration is being done today. Thankfully we don't have to pay anything extra as all payments were done eralier & this is a prebudget production car.

Cheers
Jazzy

Top Bottom