Clash Of Titans: Toyota Fortuner V/S Mitsubishi Pajero Sport

Which is a better SUV

• Total voters
Thread Starter #1
We all know Fortuner has been an amazing success story for Toyota. I mean 3 years ago who would have believed that a 24 lakh OTR SUV will sell incredible 1000 units per month with a huge waiting list of 5 months.But was the Fortuner really that damn good or perfect?Well its matter of debate and this is not the time or the place to do it.

Luckily now there is a worthy rival to Fortuner,Mitsubishi Pajero Sport.With the kind of looks it has and the kind of price it would attain within next 6 months (via CKD) will make sure that the merry days of T-Fort are nothing but over.Do you agree with this assessment,Yes or no, please vote and express your opinion.Thanks.

Mitsubishi Pajero Sport

Toyota Fortuner

Disclaimer: These pics are taken from other TAI threads.

One thing more there are multiple dimensions of comparing these two cars,from their features to engine power and all.So don't shy or hesitate ,Just Bring It.[:)]

THE X-OVER

Last edited:
Re: Clash of the Titans: Toyota Fortuner V/S Pajero Sport

I voted for Fortuner.

Both car will be tough, built to last, have good resale(presumably for Pajero sport) and will seat 7.

Pajero sport is underspecced just like the Fortuner but with a premium of 3 lacs (no ESP, single din mp3, no HIDs). Fortuner looks better to me, has bigger engine, will be slightly cheaper to maintain than the mitsubishi. Besides, Toyota is a properly functioning company with dealers across major cities. Although CKD might sort the price out, given Mitsubishi's record I don't see it coming in 6 months.

PS: attaching a better picture for Fortuner taken from FB.

Attachments

Last edited:
Thread Starter #3

I voted for Pajero sport, here are my reasons:

1. It is Mitsubishi so with its lineage should be more tougher SUV than Fortuner,also because its a mitsu I expect it to have better ride,handling and off-roading prowess than Fortuner.Now I am not saying that Fortuner is bad but in my opinion Mitsu should be just a notch better.

2. Familiarity breeds contempt,too many Fortuners on road,so just for the sake of uniqueness I voted for Pajero sport.

I have voted for the Fortuner. Reasons -

1) Looks better than Paj Sport IMO.
2) Is a Toyota, so better A.S.S., brand image & resale value.
3) Is very much cheaper than the Sport.
4) Has an option of 2WD & A/T.
5) Has more features like Xenon lights with washers, touch screen DVD, etc.

If Sport was priced a little less than the Fortuner, it would have been my choice. At 30 Lacs on road in Mumbai, it does not make any sense to me.

Well, Pajero will command a more premium any which ways due to its legacy! Seldom has a vehicle name turned into a BRAND in itself. Pajero has proved time & again that its the BAAP of all SUVs. Whenever a pajero is taken for a serious offroading session, its brought along mainly to help pull out other SUVs!!! So the slight premium won't really matter if you ask me. I haven't seen the details of the Pajero Sport but its been doing well in other markets so it will be a solid vehicle no doubt about it.
Now coming to the Fortuner- yes it has set the ball rolling with its features, dependability, T Badge & offroading capability but only a thorough comparitive road test will prove if it has what it takes to topple the segment King!!! Personally though I like the Fortuners butch looks more than this new Pajero....

Cheers
Jazzy

I voted for the pajero . But for now it's not a vfm option once the ckd production starts if they price it right I think it will give a hard time to fortuner . Pajero word itself has a punch and strong association in Indian minds for being a true blue suv .

350Z

Core Team

Toyota has been able to build up an unshakable trust among buyers over the past few years in India while Mitsubishi was having a sound sleep. I am a fan of earlier Pajero that had macho looks but the new model with rather dated design has lost the charm of previous generation model. Of course, both of them are more of a lifestyle vehicle but from a broader viewpoint, I find Fortuner to be a better bet for someone who is eyeing for a car in this segment. More or less because it is well equipped, has pleasing design and Toyota has a wider network than Mitsubishi. On the flip side rally pedigree of Mitsubishi cars cannot be denied. Just hope that Mitsubishi drops the price to a considerable margin after it is produced as CKD by September 2012 and then I think it can be termed as a worthwhile option.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Hi, voted for pajero. fortuner is also good but let down with long wait list.

fortuner anyday guys! well pajero is also great but dont have freshness of new fortuner and isnt vfm also!

Pajero will be a good shot when given with a fight from Fortuner.

IMO even the fortuner isn't priced reasonable, nor VFM for the features that is being offered

My reasons for being with the Pajero:
- The bulky built body definitely is an eye-catcher.
- Monster with 178 HP engine.

Voted for Mitsubishi Pajero Sport, amazing dynamics this is where the Pajero transforms from being just another SUV to attain classic status. Age has not dimmed the Pajero’s capabilities, be it ride, handling or offroad ability. The underpinnings of the Mitsubishi make you feel invincible when confronted with any terrain.

i like the fortuner and have some good amount of respect for it. the pajero sport is a better package though. more equipment. power is almost on par with fortuner, space is almost on par, looks cooler. so pajero has that extra positives. hope they provide the rockford fosgate ICE on the indian version like the bkk version. then its really VFM too!

Pajero sport any day,Fortuner has already disappointed my zillions of times while on the other hand even the old under powered Pajero kept me happy.So I am always ready for a new improved Pajero.
In fact I have booked the TD too and is waiting for their call.(the dealer near to me is yet to get the TD vehicle)

The New Pajero's design is really disappointing. I like the earlier one. No other SUV can beat Fortuner's looks.

In my case design comes at the last place in the priority list.If the car is suitable for us then it is the best car for us irrespective of the way it looks.Else I'd have bought a Civic instead of Corolla or a Safari instead of Innova.

Top Bottom