Skoda Fabia RS Coming to India!!

Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
Yes, Its coming !!Check the news below from motorbeam:

Skoda India will launch a more powerful version of the Fabia at the Auto Expo next year. The RS version is said to use engines from the Laura and will mostly be for brand building purposes rather than putting the sales chart on fire. After the demise of the much loved Octavia RS, this is one car which enthusiasts would love to have in their garage. Pricing will be the key for the cars success and knowing Skoda we don’t expect any miracles, yet.

Drive Safe!
350Z

Attachments

Skoda is giving so many offers on existing Fabia. Today i saw adv., they are offering 4% interest rate on Loan. But somehow sells is not picking up. I think its price is now comparable to i20. I don't think new engine will also help, till they price correctly.

Thread Starter #4

350Z

Core Team
Let's wait and watch how Skoda Auto Prices the already already pricey Fabia's Rally Sport Model.

Skoda is giving so many offers on existing Fabia. Today i saw adv., they are offering 4% interest rate on Loan. But somehow sells is not picking up. I think its price is now comparable to i20. I don't think new engine will also help, till they price correctly.
I too read these advertisements, Buyers are opting for the i20 instead, Mainly because of their mindset being "Skoda = Bad A.S.S". However, I've to agree that i20 is much more Value For Money purchase for middle class.

Drive Safe!
350Z

Definitely i20 is the best deal in segment compared to Fabia!

Fabia is noisy, not that quicker & priced too much!

Skoda's BAD A.S.S is the major factor why its not getting sold in numbers. But as far as its drive is concerned, i found its drive very exciiting. Though i never got a chance to get behind the wheels of i20.

Skoda has to work on many points.

1) After sales and service ( A.S & S. ). Its very very bad, probably the worst in industry. They are charging a premium and have positioned themselves as premium, but without this factor improved, I doubt if they will get good sales.

2) Cost of spares. To the best of my knowledge, they are selling the spares at a high cost. In our conuntry where there is obviously going to be more wear nad tear thanks to operating conditions, reasonably priced spares would help.

3) Reliability. Fabia 1.4 was facing issues and Skoda was blunt enough to tell that this is a fuel related issue. Now this is coming from the same company that once sold turbo charged 1.8 in Octavia. They have to improve on reliability. There are reports on net available that Fabia has give quite a bit of trouble.

First get other things right, then come up with better powertrains.

AMG

Suspended
What does a more powerful engine mean?
1.2 Tsi engine which produces 100 BHP or 1.9 engine from octavia RS?

What does a more powerful engine mean?
1.2 Tsi engine which produces 100 BHP or 1.9 engine from octavia RS?
i think it is the 1.6 litre engine but maybe Skoda may just surprise us!
imaginations can be too broad
i also can imagine if the Fabia used the 1.8 TSi engine from the new Superb! [cheers]

Fabia Vrs ? Most of the people expected the Laura Vrs.

Anyways something is better than nothing.

This car will be a hit among performance enthusiast,regardless of the A.S.S,price crap.

As the quote says it will get engine from laura,so it has to be the 1.8 Tsi. (160 bhp)

[cheers]

Top Bottom