Tata Nano Gets Its First Upgrade - The Nano 2012

Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
Tata Motors is set to give the Nano its first major upgrade. Although the changes are minuscule but they are important as it shows Tata’s commitment to improving its vehicles. The Tata Nano now has a higher rev limit at 6000rpm, up from 5000rpm to quicken acceleration in the first two gears helping in making life easy for the people’s car on steep inclines. The top speed is unaffected at 105kmph. The old fashioned outside rear view mirrors will be replaced with units where the mirror moves within the housing. This change is to make the mirrors compatible with electric adjustment in the future.
Next is the addition of a check strap in the doors to limit the opening of the doors. The most significant change however will be the replacement of fixed rear panel by a hatch door. The present vehicle’s boot is to cumbersome to be used especially when there are passengers sitting in the rear. These changes would very well push the price up but these are small things that would make the Nano more user-friendly.
Source: Motorbeam.com​

Thats great!!

May be few, but are really useful upgrade.

Will they do free upgrade for all the existing owners?? [lol!]

Thread Starter #4

350Z

Core Team
Trial Production of Nano Engines Begins at Gujarat Plant

Tata Motors is getting its mother plant ready for production of its ultra-cheap car. The plant is expected to be ready by March 2010 to roll out its first batch of Nano. Currently, Tata Nano has started production of engines for Nano at its Sanand unit but there is no official information about the same from the company.

Tata Motors is expected to start trial production of at least 50-60 Nanos from January next year and will roll out at least 200 units per day from March 2010. Tata Motors currently produces Nano from its Pantnagar manufacturing unit in Uttrakhand and the engines are produced at its Pune factory. Pantnagar manufacturing process will continue even when the mother plant is fully-functional next year.

Sanand plant is expected to be completely ready by end of this year. Vendors for Tata Nano auto components are also expected to move in shortly. Tata Motors will complete its initial orders of 100,000 cars by last quarter of 2010 and another 55,000 cars within two years of date of allotment. Currently, Nano is being sold at a premium of Rs. 10,000 – Rs. 25,000 in the second hand market as the initial owners are cashing in the gap between demand and supply.

Source: CTI

Drive Safe!
350Z

Thread Starter #6

350Z

Core Team
I am not seeing more Nanos on road in Bangalore. Hope will be seen soon.
Even I too didn't spot any Nanos on Delhi Streets but from a last week or so, Looks like they are raining!

Drive Safe!
350Z

British Deputy High Commissioner purchases Tata Nano

British Deputy High commissioner Mrs. Vicki Treadell purchased a Tata Nano LX at an event on 10th Novermber, 2009.

Ratan Tata, the Chairman of the Tata Group handed over the keys of the Nano to Mrs. Treadell. The Nano LX has the British Union Jack flag on its roof.

Source - Carwale

good news and though small but significant news for upgrades which were surely necessary.Now needs to see how do they price this features addition to current pricing.Vibs i do see atleast 4-5 nanos here in my city, seems there are quite few delivered till now, havent seen single white one yet, else all other colours are been seen.

i have seen only 5 nanos here..one of them is driven by a youngster who vrooms here and there trying n reving hard..i think hes trying to make some speed record or i must say rev record.

Tata Motors plans hybrid Nano

Tata Group is planning to produce hybrid versions of its Nano, billed as the world's cheapest car, to join in the environment-friendly trend, its chairman said in an interview with a South Korean newspaper.

The Maeil Business Newspaper on Monday quoted Ratan Tata, chairman of the Tata Group, as saying in Mumbai that low-priced goods would create stronger demand than high-end products in India, and the so-called low-price revolution would continue across the world.

Tata Motors, India's biggest vehicle maker, saw the car industry's future lying in economic-friendly models, the daily said. The chairman did not elaborate on the possible launch of cheap hybrid versions.

Source - Economictimes

Thread Starter #12

350Z

Core Team
Hybrid Nano in India is a far thought, They would bring the Diesel model first.
Definetly, Future is based on Hybrids but its not the correct time, Tata has just planned Hybrid version as of now but I don't expect it before a year or two to be introduced to the world.

Drive Safe,
350Z

But Tata should take care of the niggling problems in Nano first. Because being beginner in Hybrid technology(sure some flaws will be there), when added up with TATA's reliability will just add some more bad reputation to TATA.

Arun

Suspended
I hope they introduce the European Nano. Looks beautiful. It will get costlier, won't it?
If they offer the DC kit, I'm buying myself a gun. [lol!]

I hope they introduce the European Nano. Looks beautiful. It will get costlier, won't it?
If they offer the DC kit, I'm buying myself a gun. [lol!]

Tata has plans to showcase Nano Europa in this auto expo 2010, so be there if you want a glimpse of it.

Top Bottom