Cosworth comes to India! Sets up facility in Pune

Thread Starter #1
Costworth, the hardcore auto engineering company, has set up base in Pune! It also supplies components and consults with the performance after-market, auto OEMs & aerospace sectors.

- Performance part range includes block assemblies, cylinder heads, camshafts, crankshafts, fuel induction parts and pistons

- Was a Ford subsidiary for a short while

- Supplies parts to performance cars, including the Mitsu EVO & Subaru Impreza.

- Cosworth is set to return to F1 as an engine supplier in 2010. Supplies to WRC & world superbikes.

Lets see what they can do to the Indian motorsports, after-market & OEM scene. How about a Fiesta 1.6 Cosworth ed to start with

Quote:
The Cosworth group (Cosworth Group Holdings Ltd) is pleased to announce the launch of its newest operation, Cosworth India, based in Pune, Maharashtra.

Cosworth India is a wholly owned subsidiary of Cosworth Group Holdings Limited, and has been registered in accordance with Indian statutory requirements. As part of the Cosworth group’s ongoing expansion and development, the business is engaged in replicating its successful footprint across the globe. Pune is an ideal location for Cosworth within India, being both a technology hub that includes major OEMs, and an established academic centre.

The new facility will provide a local presence within the rapidly growing Indian marketplace that will enable Cosworth technologies to provide tailored solutions to challenges within the emerging performance aftermarket and motorsport industry, Indian OE automotive, aerospace engineering and energy generation sectors.

Cosworth India is headed by the Cosworth group’s Director of Indian Operations, Mr. Kayzad Kasad.

"I am very pleased that we have completed the various activities that are required to get Cosworth India up and running. There are some great immediate opportunities for the business to apply Cosworth’s array of performance technologies in the automotive, motorsport and performance aftermarket sectors.
I am confident that my team will provide cost effective performance solutions to Indian customers that showcase Cosworth’s unparalleled electronic and mechanical technologies

Thread Starter #2
what i think is that how would they retail their products, and at what pricing.If it works out fine with performance changes, and without hampering warranty on ford products then 1.6 is a car to own.

The Indian Auto Scene is going Wild these days!

Happy to see DC expanding its network & now its turn for Cosworth!

I dont believe all these performance mods will be possible without a hole in Warranty!

Top Bottom