Sumo Grande Mark II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1
Expected: December 2010
Engine: 2.2-litre DICOR
Changes: Mirror mounted indicators, new 'DICOR' monogram, interiors tweaked

Tata is desperately trying to get the Sumo Grande to sell well. But all those efforts have been hitting the wall as far as we can see. The carmaker will try to breathe some fresh air once again into the premium MUV by the end of this year. The refreshed Sumo will be christened 'Sumo Grande MKII'. The MKII model will feature mirror mounted turn indicators. The 'Dicor' sticker on the rear quarter panel will be done away with and instead a '2.2 DICOR' monogram will find space over the front wheel arches. The new vehicle will get some tweaks to the interiors as well, though the exact details are not available at the moment.

Source - Motoroids

Last edited:
Sumo has really lost the image after Qualis & Scorpio!

TATA can better discontinue this & think getting some other MUV in the range of 7 Lakhs!

Sumo has really lost the image after Qualis & Scorpio!

TATA can better discontinue this & think getting some other MUV in the range of 7 Lakhs!
+ 1 . You forgot to mention the Tavera.[:D]

How can such minor changes attract the people to buy this car [confused]

tata needs to come out with some all new design and all new uv car to replace sumo, which isnt selling and wont either with some tough competetion around.

The biggest mistake TATA had done with Grande was to attach the name with 'SUMO'. They should have given a new name to this MUV and should have kept the SUMO as it is. Now this name SUMO Grande psychologically gives a feel that this is just another version of SUMO, which obviously is not true.

Arun

Suspended
I wouldn't drive this even if you guys bribe me to. I see Safari alloys. The left-out parts from the Safari is bolted on here and sold as the Mark II Sounds like something out of the blue. It is still this yucky orange![frustration]

The biggest mistake TATA had done with Grande was to attach the name with 'SUMO'. They should have given a new name to this MUV and should have kept the SUMO as it is. Now this name SUMO Grande psychologically gives a feel that this is just another version of SUMO, which obviously is not true.
I agree with you. This suits Vista and Manza too. One of my friend was making fun of Manza as yet another Indigo, just because its name was Indigo Manza. Then i show him pics of the car and he was surprised, especially with the interiors.

350Z

Core Team
Actually, Sumo Grande is a good model, Especially the top-end is impressive.
I like the looks of car which is much more proper SUV'ish in comparision to competitor MUVs like Xylo, Still Grande hasn't managed to sell in good volumes, Most likely the reason is less promotion and the price and feature list.
raj=5004 said:
WOW! the "all new" Mark II !!!
such a futuristic name on a car which birbal used to drive!
Agreed what you say raj.

RSM said:
Expected: December 2010
RSM said:
into the premium MUV by the end of this year.
Which is correct? December 2009?

Drive Safe!
350Z

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom