2010 - What's hot and What's not

Thread Starter #1
Hey Guys, I hope you remember me, well, the old members will be, so whatever,Cheers.[cheers]
So i'm here to talk about what's hot for 2010 and what's not.
In this thread i will try to preview all new cars coming next year and I would gladly accept help..[:)]

Let's start with Launches in January-

Chevrolet Beat

Engines - 1.2L Petrol, 1.0L Diesel
Pricing - 3.4L onwards

Touted to be GM's turnaround car in India, it promises to bring new standards of styling inside out. It promises to be spacious as well as ergonomic and fuel economy is also expected to set standards. Aggressive pricing is expected to boost sale further.

My Opinion- The combo of aggressive pricing, smart styling and brilliant interiors make this car a born winner.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder

Engines - 5.2L V10 Petrol
Price - 2.6Crore

The facelifted Lamborghini Spyder is here. With the same mind-blasting performance and Eye-popping price. But this time you get more for your money. New Engine, more aerodynamic, and probably even more cool.

My Opinion - Does it really matter?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
More coming in further posts!

350Z

Core Team
Yes, The i10 diesel is also on cards.
The petrol model of car has done extremely well and it will be fun to watch the sales of Diesel . However, Personally speaking, I'm bored with the looks of car, Hope Hyundai offers some refreshments.

EDIT: Even Logan facelift is one I've been for from long time.

Drive Safe!
350Z

Okay.. Here are the ones which i am waiting to see on roads!

Pajero Sports & Evox from Mitsibushi!

While Pajero sports is already started its road testing here :)

i would say
new muv from mahindra
new muv from tata
all new tata safari
new scorpio with better rear suspention
all new hyundai santro
a new hatchback from hyundai with 800cc engine
all new chevy aveo sedan with diesel engine
all new chevy Uva "
new maruti 800
new maruti omni
all new maruti swift
maruti Grand vitara with diesel engine
maruti SX4 with diesel engine
Fiat linea with 1.6 or 1.9 diesel engine
Fiat grande punto with more engine options and better interiors
Honda CRV with diesel option which is coming and few changes

Arun

Suspended
No upgrades in sight for the Swift according to me. The Aveo will definitely make its way; marking its Cruze genes. The i10 diesel is definitely on the cards as 350Z pointed out. A Xylo with minor facelifts is expected by me, say mid august. Aveo U-va will should be discontinued. A newer version of the car with a better sounding name would be great. The EvoX will be a mouth-watering treat from Mitsubhisi if it launches! Evolution[evil]. The 800/Omni/Versa will be discontinued and expect an MPV from Maruti at in the 4 lakh-5lakh price bracket. Sx4 wouldn't be revamped as it has already got it's share of "upgrades".

Overall 2010 looks good![thumbsup]

Keep Burning Asphalt!!!

Arun.

i would say
new muv from mahindra
new muv from tata
all new tata safari
new scorpio with better rear suspention
all new hyundai santro
a new hatchback from hyundai with 800cc engine
all new chevy aveo sedan with diesel engine
all new chevy Uva "
new maruti 800
new maruti omni
all new maruti swift
maruti Grand vitara with diesel engine
maruti SX4 with diesel engine
Fiat linea with 1.6 or 1.9 diesel engine
Fiat grande punto with more engine options and better interiors
Honda CRV with diesel option which is coming and few changes
Regarding scorpio's suspension, no matter how many times lotus tweaks, it would only improve a bit. The solution is a complete makeover. Only their new monoque chassis would solve this.

Don't expect anything more than a face lift for Swift, that's a long way to go.

What you'll drive in 2010

volkswagen_new-313.jpg With every automotive manufacturer posting record sales figures, you wouldn’t believe that just 12 months ago they were buckling over from the proverbial kick in the gonads. Today they are falling over themselves to add fresh capacities and churn out more cars for the insatiable Indian car buyer. The Auto Expo in January will give the clearest indication yet of how big India is set to be on the world’s automotive map. In fact, the Auto Expo is set to rival some of the glitziest auto shows for size and scale, dwarfing the likes of the Tokyo Motor Show and setting the tone for 2010: A year that’s expected to be the best ever as far as the Indian automotive story is concerned. So what will we be driving in 2010?

Compact MPVs
The people-mover segment will be addressed by two newcomers: Volkswagen’s (VW) Touran, a seven-seater MPV (multi-purpose vehicle) that’s being assembled in Indonesia; and Nissan’s NV2000 Vanette, which it will bring in via its joint venture with Ashok Leyland — it has already won some Van of the Year awards and has the USP of sliding rear doors.

Tata Motors too will bring in the IndiCruz. However, before that will be an upgrade to the breathtakingly underdeveloped Sumo Grande that, hopefully, will address issues of quality and styling.

Of greater significance is the emergence of the compact-MPV. VW, Toyota and Nissan will follow up on their hatchbacks with not just a sedan based on the same platform but also create a new segment, the C-MPV. Smaller than the Innova, but with three rows of seats, the C-MPV is suited to Indian needs (and families). In fact, the pioneer in this segment, Maruti — forgotten the Omni and Versa? — will also have a replacement for the Versa, with better styling and a diesel engine.

Hatchbacks
All said and done, India is still a market driven by hatchbacks and 2010 will see the two biggest manufacturers in the world — Toyota and Volkswagen — join the party. First off the blocks will be VW with the all-new Polo that only recently went on sale in Germany. Indian deliveries will start in March as VW goes into overdrive in expanding the dealer network. One of the interesting brand-building activities will be the single-make Polo Cup India race series: 25 Polos, powered by 1.6-litre diesel engines, will race in a six-round championship.

We have driven the Polo on its launch, in Sardinia, Italy, and initial impressions are of a solidly-built car that feels rock-steady at speed and pampers occupants with good ride quality.

The Polo will be built at VW’s new plant at Chakan, near Pune, and on the same lines as the Skoda Fabia. The 1.2-litre three-cylinder petrol is carried over from the Fabia while on the diesel front it will get a brand new 1.2-litre Turbocharged Direct Injection common-rail diesel (which will make its way into the Fabia). In fact, the main challenge VW will face is pricing vis-à-vis the Fabia; Skoda will have to reduce its price to make way for the Polo over it.

Toyota, on the other hand, has been massively hit by the recession. Last year it posted its first loss in 70 years: a staggering $1.7 billion. The only new investment Toyota has committed has been India and at the Auto Expo the wraps will be taken off Toyota’s first small car for India.

Code-named Project EFC, it will be sold in BRIC countries, but India will be the lead market. Engineers have benchmarked it against the Maruti Suzuki Swift. Details are sketchy but Toyota insists the car will not start a price war; instead it will have space and quality to justify its premium. Expected launch is end-2010.

Nissan will also make an entry with the new Micra (to be globally unveiled at the Geneva Motor Show in March). The basic premise of the Micra follows a simple and logical chain: A lightweight car will provide better efficiency which means it will need a smaller fuel tank which in turn leads to better packaging and a comfortable and spacious interior.

Further headaches for established players in this segment — Maruti, Hyundai and Tata Motors — will come courtesy of two price warriors: The Ford Figo and Chevrolet Beat. The Figo is based on the current Ikon/Fiesta/Fusion platform (which will give the car a great cost advantage) but with better space efficiency and improved ride and handling.

GM’s Indian dealers will have a lot to cheer about with Beat, the next generation Spark/Matiz developed by the erstwhile Daewoo in South Korea, sporting aggressive styling and much better interiors. However, in the best Maruti-inspired tradition, the Beat will not replace the current Spark. Instead, the Spark will get a smaller 800cc engine and prices will be chopped to slot in below the Alto, taking the price excruciatingly close to the Nano! The Spark will also have an electric variant, jointly developed with Reva.

Source - ibnlive (forbes india)

Last edited:

350Z

Core Team
2010 will prove to be one of the most action filled year for Automobile Industry, Also The New Car Buyers will get much more wide range of vehicles to choose from in any segment. A car-manufacturer wise List below compiled by someone -

Toyota Corolla Altis CNG at 10.25 lakhs and Diesel at 12.50 lakhs expected in Auto Expo 2010
Toyota Yaris Sedan expected in June 2010 at 8 lakhs
Toyota Yaris Hatchback End of April 2010 in between 6 to 8 lakhs with a 1.5L 106bhp
Toyota Avanza expected in Mid-2010 at 7 lakhs
Toyota Hilux (Pickup) expected in Mid-2010 at 20 lakhs... See More

Volkswagen Phaeton with a 3.2L V6 Petrol 241bhp @6200 rpm expected in Auto Expo 2010 at 40 lakhs approx (This is for those who were asking about in CNB Page)
Volkswagen Tiguan expected in Early 2010 at 21 lakhs
Volkswagen UP! expected in 2011 Auto Expo at around 3 lakhs
Volkswagen New Passat CC expected in Febuary 2010 with a 2.0L TDi Diesel 200bhp @5000 rpm
Volkswagen New Passat facelifted is expected in Early 2011
Volkswagen Scirocco Expected in October 2010 at 14 lakhs
Volkswagen Golf expected in May 2010 it will be place above Polo
Volkswagen Polo Sedan expected in Mid-2010 at 7.5 lakhs
Volkswagen Polo Launch officially confirmed at Auto Expo 2010 with a 1.2L and 1.4L Petrol Engine and 1.4L Diesel Engine (This is the Car which all we are waiting for and this is going to make a impact in the Indian Market. If its going to be priced right and features as well)

Mini Cooper expected in 2010 at eye wopping 16.50 lakhs with a 1.6L Petrol 120bhp @6000 rpm and torque of about 158 nm @ 4200 rpm
Mini Cooper Cabrio expected in 2010 at 19 lakhs approx not sure
Mini One expected with a 1.4L Petrol 75bhp bhp in between 13 - 15 lakhs

Mitsubishi i officially confirmed for April 2010 (Not Sure) with a 659cc Petrol with a 57bhp at eye catching price of in between of 4 - 6 lakhs... See More
Mitsubishi L200 Pickup with a 2.5L Diesel 134bhp and 310nm of torque expected in April 2010
Mitsubishi New Lancer expected in Mid-2010 at 9.50 lakhs with a 2L Petrol 152bhp
Mitsubishi Colt expected in Mid-2010
Mitsubishi Grandis expected in 2010 at 10 lakhs above (NOT SURE)

Nissan Micra Launch at Auto Expo at 4 lakhs around
Nissan Pixo expected in Mid-2010 at 4.5 lakhs
Nissan GT-R expected between March and April 2010 at 65 lakhs
Nissan 370z Launch at Auto Expo 2010 with a 3.7L 320+ Bhp price will be in between 30 to 35 lakhs
Nissan Qashiqai expected in Feburary End 2010 at 18 lakhs

Peugeot is also coming up models are not confirmed

Skoda Fabia Combi expected in Mid-2010 at 7+ lakhs
Skoda Fabia with 1.9L TDi 7.5 lakhs approx
Skoda Yeti Launch at Auto Expo officially Confirmed at 12 lakhs above

TATA Indica Electric, Hybird expected in Auto Expo 2010
TATA Prima expected in Early 2011 at 10 lakhs
TATA Indicruz Launch at Auto Expo officially confirmed at 6.50 lakhs

BMW 5 Series GT is Expected in Early 2010
BMW New 5 Series is Expected in Early 2010
BMW Z2 is Expected in Early 2010
BMW X1 is Expected in Mid-2010
BMW X6 M on Special Order only... See More

Cadillac CTS Expected in Early 2010

Chevrolet Aveo Diesel Expected in Early 2010 to be priced at 7.5 lakhs
Chevrolet New Aveo (2010) Expected in February 2010 and to be priced at 7 lakhs
Chevrolet New Aveo U-VA (2010) Expected to be priced at 5.50 lakhs
Chevrolet Spark 800, CNG and Electric expected in Mid 2010 Prices are expected to be in between 2.8 to 3.5 lakhs
Chevrolet Beat Launch on 4th January also confirmed by SVP

Citroen C1 Expected in Early 2010
Citroen C4 Expected in Early 2010
Citroen C5 Expected in Early 2010
Citroen C6 Expected in Early 2010

Fiat New Palio expected in Mid 2010
Fiat Punto Evo Expected in End 2010
Fiat Linea 1.6 Diesel and T-Jet Expected in January 2010 price are in between 9 to 10.5 lakhs
Fiat Bravo expected in Mid-2010

Ford New Fiesta Expected in Early 2010 at 8 lakhs
Ford New Fiesta Hatchback expected Mid-2010 at Rs.5.50 lakhs
Ford Focus expected in Early 2010 at Priced between 10 to 12 lakhs
Ford New Mondeo expected in Mid-2010 at 16 lakhs
Ford Figo Launch in Auto Expo 2010

Hummer H2 and H3 expected in 2010

Mahindra Xylo M Hawk expected Early 2010 at 9 lakh
Mahindra Scorpio Hybird expected at 12 lakh in Mid-2010
Mahindra Axe for Army only

Maserati GranCabrio 1.5 Khoka, GranTurismo 1.3 khoka and Quattroporte 1.25 khoka expected in Mid-2010 ( Posted this specially for Maserati fans including me )

Mercedes A Class expected Early 2010 at eye whopping 28 lakhs
Mercedes New S Class expected Mid-2010 at 92 lakhs
Mercedes GLK Class Expected in Early 2010 at 40 lakhs approx

Hyundai i10 1.1L CRDi with a 75bhp expected in Auto Expo 2010
Hyundai i20 1.4L Petrol Manual Transmission expected in Auto Expo 2010 (I am waiting for this for sure)
Hyundai i30 1.4L SOHC Petrol 107.5Bhp expected in Auto Expo 2010
Hyundai i40/Sonata with 2.4L Engine 180bhp(Not Sure) Expected in July 2010 at 16 lakhs
Hyundai Small Car GB 800cc 60bhp (Not Sure) expected in 2010 at 2.5 lakhs... See More
Hyundai Santro CRDi 75bhp expected in Early 2010
Hyundai New Santro 2010 Facelifted expected in March 2010
Hyundai New Verna Transform 1.6L VTVT 16V DOHC Petrol with a 102bhp expected in March 2010
Hyundai Avante 1.6L DOHC CVVT Petrol with 118 bhp and 1.6L 115Bhp CRDi expected in January 2010 in between 10 to 11 lakhs
Hyundai Genesis 3.8L 290bhp and 4.6L 375bhp Both Petrol Engine expected in Mid 2010 at 40 lakhs
Hyundai Tucson ix35 2L 112bhp Turbo Diesel expected mid-2010 at 19.50 lakhs
Hyundai Santa Fe 2.2L 154Bhp Petrol Launch at Auto Expo 2010

Honda Jazz 1.5L Petrol 118bhp expected in Auto Expo 2010 at 8 lakhs Ex-Showroom Delhi
Honda City Diesel expected in Auto Expo 2010 at 10.50 lakhs
Honda Accord Diesel expected in 2010 at 25 lakhs
Honda CR-V Diesel expected in Early 2010 at 28 lakhs
Honda Tif expected in Early 2011

Alfa Romeo 147
Alfa Romeo 159
Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione
Alfa Romeo 8C Spider
Alfa Romeo Brera
Alfa Romeo MiTo

Aston Martin V12 Vantage
Aston Martin DB9

Audi A1 Expected in July 2010
Audi A5 Expected in July 2010
Audi A6 Expected in July 2010
Audi Q1 Expected in August 2010
Audi R8 Spyder Expected in Early 2010
Audi TT Roadster Expected in Early 2010
Audi TT RS Expected in Early 2010
Audi A3 Expected in End 2010
Audi New A8 Expected in End 2010
Audi Q3 Expected in End 2010
Audi R6 Expected in Mid-2010
Audi S5 Expected in July 2010
Audi Small Hatchback is expected in Mid 2010
Audi R3 Mid 2011
Audi A7 November 2010
Drive Safe,
350Z

Volkswagen Golf expected in May 2010 it will be place above Polo
Volkswagen Polo Sedan expected in Mid-2010 at 7.5 lakhs

I hope this is true. Golf with Civic or ANHC?

Top Bottom