Originally Posted by Indian
Hey Ronz, since you have new Fiesta and have sat on Ecosport, why don't you have some comparison here? What I would like to hear from you is.
1) Interior plastic quality
2) Driving seat arrangement and comfort, visibility etc.
3) The back seat space, under thigh support and the knee room.
Or any other points wrt Fiesta.
I have mixed reactions about the ES, please keep in mind I have never sat in a mini SUV like Duster or Quanto so I have a notion that when a vehicle is an SUV you have to climb into one. The ES is a mini SUV so you dont have to climb into it. This is not saying that its low its definitely higher than our Fiesta and you just sit down in the ES no bending or crouching needed great for older people or people with back problems. The car is very attractive in my opinion. Loved the little electronic button on the boot handle to open the boot.
I felt if you are upgrading from a hatch to ES you will love it however its not a replacement for a sedan.
For the observations well here goes
1. Fit and Finish: Good nothing to complain same as our Fiesta although I prefer the black accent of the central console plastic in comparison to the silver in our Fiesta (strictly my view) Nothing to complain here loved the blue illumination in comparison to the orange illumination of the dash in our Fiesta.
2. Driving Seat comfort and visibility: Again its a ford I liked the front driving seats. Absolutely didnt like the quality of the black leather on the seats, I prefer the fabric ones we have in our Fiesta.
3. Back seat comfort: Rear seats are better compared to the Fiesta as those annoying head rests in our Fiesta has been dumped but the rear seat is a bit too reclined for my comfort but in terms of space ES is a comfortable place to be in. In terms of visibility yes the ride is jacked up but it still gives you a feeling of being in a car and not a SUV probably as I have a notion that SUVs have to be much higher up. Not to say this is a bad thing for the ES as I have already mentioned getting in and out will be easier for people with back problems and the elderly. But boot of the ES is small in my opinion in comparison to the Fiesta
I personally feel ES is a great looking vehicle and people who are upgrading from a hatchback will love it but people who are looking for a sedan replacement might have mixed opinions about it.