Hello The Automotive India, I am a Trivandrum based auto enthusiast entering the forum from today onwards, to be frank i am a ford guy, i own a Ford Figo and still love it and have been patiently waiting 4 the Ecosport and atlast saw the reviews from various auto editors and i am
, I wish all of you enthusiasts out there would accept my presence
my pick on the Ford Ecosport
1. Fantastic looks(looks extremely sporty like a mini range rover evoque) but the sad bit is just 1-5% of Indian population likes sporty looks...most prefer classy looks which the rest pie of manufacturers are fighting to make the best of classic design
2. Interior comfort wont match a VW polo or a Skoda Fabia since i ve driven both and they are extrememly comfortable cars and difficult to beat but it will be much better than hyundai i20,Swift,Ford classic,etios etc since the Fords suspension setup is a marvel in terms of engineering point.
3. Driving dynamics WILL BE TOP NOTCH its in Fords DNA, so enthusiasts please be patient,the Ecosports MRF tyres just dosent do justice pick the goodyear tyres and i am sure it will blow polo gt tsi or any other car in this segment, even the old Ford Classic
4. The Ecoboost engine is a revelation in 3rd gear u can reach 160
5. Milage is questionable in Indian traffic conditions my uncle who lives in Glasgow Scotland has driven the Focus 1.0 ecoboost and it gets a milage of around 11.9 kmpl in city and 15.6 in highway(with a cruise at 120-140 kmph) so in Indian traffic it will drop to 9.5-10.5 kmpl in city and 12.5-15.6 highway
Fords upcoming hit
I am posting all these ecoboost reviews to make those TAI
members who have doubts about 1.0 ecoboost guys, its a fantastic engine even with the turbo lag, if a diesel has turbo lag its very bad because diesel engines dont prefer revving up and they dont revv well as such, but petrols love to revv and if at all there is some turbo lag just push the throttle an it easily passed 1800 rpm and shows the ecoboost muscle(remember Ford focus 1.0 Ecoboost has 1280 kg kerbweight ecosport 1256kg but gear ratios are differnt in India to get bettermilage )
Also some guys have been really frustrated about the Oncars.in review of ecosport 2 be frank that review is a complete Mess. If you guys can chek oncars.in review of Honda Amaze itself you people will understand, that guy tells its gearbox is notchy,engine is vey silent cabin is very silent etc which are all infact the exact opposite in real time, i test drove Amaze last week and to be frank Amaze is not worthy of Honda badge, it was more like a Maruti Suzuki AMaze with honda badge, the good bits are lots of space,biege interiors,good engine power and response but with that its good points end,A ford Classic felt much better that Amaze.
Also a quote on interior plastics of ford ecosport, they are flimsy and wont hold more than 50k kms without rattle it seems, also the rear hatch opening might develop rattles due to weight of tyres, but as for the rest of the package its unbeatable it seems