Some days ago, while I was going through various sites, the following advt for a second hand car came to my notice- 2007 SKODA OCTAVIA 1.9 TDI, RIDER CLASSIC, BLACK ONLY AT RS 285,000 ONLY - Delhi: Cars in Delhi at Quikr Delhi
The proposal seemed to be too good. A 2007 skoda octavia for just 2.85 lakh with 39000 kms on its meter. I contacted the seller through his mail. Message:
Hi. I am interested in this car. Pl. send me details where to come to check the car. Is it a Karnataka regn?
Soon came the reply- From:
schotil mike <email@example.com To:
Tuesday, 22 November 2011 4:32 PM
Hello, The car is in the best condition, has no technical damage, full service history,life time tax paid,comprehesive insurance, my car have India documents and registration. I worked in India for and I've purchased the car to use it there. My company wanted me back home, so currently I'm in England (United Kingdom). The car it's now located in ENGLAND - United Kingdom, Berkshire. I'm trying to sell it at this price because I don`t use it anymore , it`s a pity to keep such a car and not to use it. UK registration tax is too high ,i can not afford to pay it and i need money urgently to pay my House Bank Credit Debts. I tried to sell the car in United Kingdom, but nobody want`s to buy it because of the high registration tax . I list my car on India websites so i can sell it faster. The price is correct and the car can be transported to any location. My car is already at one Transport company from UK. I paid them to take care for my car sale protection. I can deliver the car to any location,but if is posible for you to come here to have an personal meeting it will be better . Please write me back to discuss only if you are interested! Then we can continue the discussion about the car by phone ,if you want . Regards Car is in UK? This man took his car to UK? I decided to enquire further and sent him another mail-
I will not be able to personally come to UK but can ask one of my friends working there to contact you to check the car. For this, please intimate your address/contact no. Should I assume that price of Rs. 285000 is inclusive of shipping charges. If not, I would need details of shipping charges to be paid. And the reply to this was like this-
Please read carefully the transaction terms to understand and be able to decide if we continue or not.
I signed an agreement with an car delivery company ,one of the largest and known in Europe and I paid them all the delivery taxes and the delivery insurance because I am interested to sell my car in good conditions .The car is ready to be delivered to the new owner location . This is the only way that we conclude the deal and my only condition in this transaction to use this company because they will secure this deal for us .
The terms in which we can conclude the deal are the following :
- I need your delivery informations ,means name ,delivery address and phone number in order to contact the company to start the transaction.
- You will receive a notification from the transport company as a confirmation that the car is in their custody and also that the car has been tested and verified by their technicians .
- You will have to make a deposit payment to the transport company Bank Account as a guarantee..
- The transport company will verify the payment after they will receive in their Bank Account and if everything is in order they will start the delivery of the car to your location address.
- After you will receive the car and you will be completely satisfied with it, you will confirm to the transport company your decision. You have 10 days to make a total inspection of the car,test drive and take a decision.
- The transport company will take care for all export paper, work documents and they help you to register the car under your name,because i empowered them by a notary to register the car on my behalf.
I will not receive any payment ,first the payment for the car will go into the Shipping Company Bank Account .
The car delivery period to your location will be between 8 - 10 days .
The transport company will keep to them the car payment in their bank account ,until you receive the car and the documents of the car and also until your testing period ends .You will have an full inspection period of 10 days,I think that is enough for you to verify the car .
In this time you can check, test and inspect the car and all the car documents. If by any reason (the car has any hidden damage or it isn't like i describe it) you can reject the deal. In this case the transport company will refund your deposit back in full and they will ship the car back on my cost. The car was verified by the transport company qualified automotive technician and the car have passed all the test with no problems,so I did not worry for the present car condition .
Warmest greetings ! A new method of fraud?