Fiat Punto & Linea 2012 Exclusive Launch Coverage (Page.6)

Thread Starter #1
Note: Fiat Linea and Punto 2012 Exclusive Launch Coverage, Information and Pictures Uploaded Here: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...ve-launch-coverage-page-6-a-6.html#post124053

-------------------
Fiat India is all set to launch the upgraded Punto and Linea in New Delhi on 3rd January. Its other car Bravo is not likely to come to India.

The pricing of the new versions as well as management of sales and services are something that will determine the sucess of these beautiful cars.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Upgraded Punto & Linea launch on 3rd Jan 2012

From what I could gather, changes are minor and will be mostly interiors! Fiat should be thinking about doing something to revamp the flailing sales!
Anyway good news that something is being done.

Well done FIAT
Are you guys seriously thinking about good service and individual sales.

I've been going through the Indian Autos blog & came across Palio, Uno & Panda going to be launched sometime next year with a 1litre petrol or less than 1.3litre diesel engine by Fiat. Is there any indication anywhere that Punto would have its engines replaced with lower ones or go for a higher one? I sure don't want to see a Punto with a toned down engine & yet again Fiat goofing up!

Thats good news. They should provide beige interior to punto (same as current Linea). Music system should comes with USB and Aux.

350Z

Core Team

Fiat should first part away with Tata and set up their individual dealerships and after sales network, then minor upgrades like this will be icing on the cake to remind India about Fiat’s efforts and existence. Not that I’m complaining though, because is something is better than nothing.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Fiat should first part away with Tata and set up their individual dealerships and after sales network, then minor upgrades like this will be icing on the cake to remind India about Fiat’s efforts and existence. Not that I’m complaining though, because is something is better than nothing.
I agree with Vibhor on icing on the cake point but Fiat should also launch their own dealers and workshops to give customers a feel of premiumness. Without these two things, nothing is going to happen for them.

I am really surprised that people blame TASS for failure of Fiat brand in INDIA, when uno , palio, petra etc failed than there was no tata.[frustration]

The fact of the matter is Fiat cars( multijets) are lethargic to drive, yesterday i drove tata manza and linea and punto 90, hell manza with same engine feels so much quicker in front of both fiats.I am giving my word let fiat bring 1.6 JTD into INDIA and their future would be revived. Until then lets do this for fiat [cry]

AMG

Suspended

Changes to interiors means beige. [frustration]

350Z

Core Team

Minor upgrades wont help Fiat to establish themselves in indian market. Rather they should come up with innovative products in all price range. Fiat dont cares about their customers as their A.S.S. very poor. Spare parts are not available on time. You have sometimes wait for months . their tie up with Tata didnt help them. However their 1.6 MJD engine worth to wait for. Fiat are you listening bring Linea with 1.6 MJD

Last edited by a moderator:

Well I do not see 1.6 would fetch them good sales. Look at Polo or Fabia 1.6 models, they are not selling in high numbers either.

1.6 would be loved by enthusiast but again how many of them would actually look at it that way.

Last edited:

Shailinder, xover meant 1.6 mjd i think.Most of the competitors of linea has a 1.6 diesel engine.In my opinion fiat need not launch the 1.6mjd linea.Not point in launching that variant as of now.They should further look at improving their current flaws like say ASS.The figures(In TAI) is wholesale,the no. of cars dispatched from the factory to the dealers and this no. is pretty low in case of fiat.I heard fiat is clearing their stock and i have to say i have quiet seen new registered puntos last month and before that month especially,i think the marketing worked.To me fiat is doing good.Its not a east task to start their service stations and dealers because the business people who are ready to start become fiat dealers,i dont know.

My reasoning over this was posted elsewhere in the forum. Just refer to this post: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...-tata-worried-about-fiat-india.html#post83430

Drive Safe,
350Z
Vibs read your post in the other thread, you are bang on to the point, but don't you think a person that is more practicle will look towards a tata and a person little passionate about cars will look for fiat.The fact of the matter is the demons of the past are haunting fiat, will you people believe in my town there are hundreds of fiat lovers, but they don't trust fiat to stay in india for long and when it comes to buying they close there eyes and buy dezire and swift over linea/punto.[frustration]

@ shailinder

I meant 1.6 diesel in linea, this engine trust me is a schorcher, fiat missed a big point by not launching linea with this engine IMO.:mad:

Top Bottom