Renault Unveils Micra-Based Pulse

Thread Starter #1
The Renault – Nissan Alliance is alive and working – in India! On the sidelines of the inaugural Indian F1 Grand Prix, Renault India didn’t want to miss an opportunity to highlight its strong and successful F1 story and link it to its everyday cars. Thus what was supposed to be its version of the Nissan Micra was unveiled to the media on Saturday, October 29 in Noida by none other than Red Bull Racing’s Mark Webber and Team Lotus-Renault’s Karun Chandhok. Of course, Renault’s COO Carlos Tavares and Renault India’s managing director Marc Nassif did join in to assist them and also outline Renault’s product portfolio strategy which talks about five distinctly different models in a 15 month span.

Till date Renault has two distinct models on sale in India courtesy the Fluence sedan and the Koleos soft-roader. The Pulse hatchback will be its third model which will debut nationwide around Auto Expo time while the Renault (Dacia) Duster will be next up followed by a fifth model which Renault suggests would be a major surprise. If that is not all, Renault has commenced manufacture of its 1.5dci diesel engine (internally designated as the k9k unit) at its Chennai plant shared with Nissan and while the present capacity is slated at 140,000 units per year, this would be scaled up to 300,000 units.

The Pulse is the Nissan Micra with completely revised front and rear end style treatment and I must say that the car is distinctive and stands out when viewed head on. However in profile the game is given away but then the overall design of the car with space being its largest virtue does come across strongly. I personally think that the Renault accents on the basic Micra make for a better visual appeal and with a 1.5dci engine as the first choice powerplant from day one, it is also innovative in that sense for a mid-size hatchback.

Source : RENAULT PULSE Page - 1| Zigwheels.com

Attachments

Re: Renault Pulse unveiled

Is it illusion; I see this more like the Etios Liva. Looks too similar from the rear end and sidelines. The front looks like Micra.

For me this is a fusion of Micra + Liva as far as exterior is concerned

Is it illusion; I see this more like the Etios Liva. Looks too similar from the rear end and sidelines. The front looks like Micra.

For me this is a fusion of Micra + Liva as far as exterior is concerned
The only things different from the Micra are the headlamps, grille and badges.
This is so similar to Micra! [surprise] Can't even make out the difference in one look.
Yes its just a smaller micra taking front face like the i10,and side profile like liva and micra,guess what the price is at 6 lakhs! worth buying?

Yes its just a smaller micra taking front face like the i10,and side profile like liva and micra,guess what the price is at 6 lakhs! worth buying?
How can it be smaller? The bodyshell is the same as the Micra. The same dies
are used to stamp out the panels of both cars.

Nothing special in look. Looks like MICRA (With some mod Job) only. Interior is also ditto copy of Micra.
It will only work in favor of Renault if priced correctly. Lets wait for the price range.

Thread Starter #8

Is it illusion; I see this more like the Etios Liva. Looks too similar from the rear end and sidelines. The front looks like Micra.For me this is a fusion of Micra + Liva as far as exterior is concerned
Exactly, looks same like Micra and Liva

Seems Renault & Nissan are playing the same game as that of Skoda & VW. Launch same product under different badges & try to increase sales.

Looks like either Eon has copied impulse's hexagonal front.

To me the headlamp are differnet from Micra, some what i10 mixed,Micra in the front.
Rear almost looks like Liva.

350Z

Core Team
This is the limit. I am thoroughly disappointed with this Nissan Micra look-alike car from Renault. While these changes appear better over the Micra but should car makers keep the designs so similar just for the sake of keeping the manufacturing costs in check? As a buyer - I do not appreciate it.

Drive Safe,
350Z

AMG

Suspended
To me, it looks better than the Micra.

Will I buy/consider it? HELL NO!

The dealer network is abysmal. (Nearest is 250 km away from home)

Same exterior, engine and interior. What Renault going to achieve with this launch? At least they should provide ABS to diesel version with less 15 to 20K pricing than Micra.

Attachments

Top Bottom