Fiat India - Diesel Engine Drive

Thread Starter #1

Fiat India has flagged off the ‘Fiat Diesel Drives India’ - a pan India diesel drive spanning over 10,000 kilometers with their four Multijet offerings - Linea, Grand Punto, Palio and Fiat 500. The one-of-a-kind journey will see the cars and the engine traversing diverse and testing terrains within 16 states in India.

The drive has been aimed at generating awareness about Fiat’s rich history in connection with diesel technology as well as their longstanding success in rolling out endurance driven, yet stylish and classy automobiles. With this drive, Fiat, the inventor and pioneer of the high tech Multijet diesel engines, aims to stamp its authority on the diesel scenario in India as well as create further awareness about their engine’s presence in majority of the cars in India.

Through the extensive drive, Fiat will also look to reinforce the presence of their strong and ever growing network across India. Today, the Tata-Fiat network constitutes 99 dealerships and 6 point of sales spanning across 77 cities in the country. All these dealerships have a separate identity for Fiat and offer an international ownership experience for customer.

Speaking at the flag off, Mr. Rajeev Kapoor, President and CEO Fiat India said

“Fiat’s diesel inventions and technology constitute a landmark position in global automobile history. Our state of the art 1.3 multijet engines have revolutionized the diesel movement and achieved unparalleled success abroad. The engines have always performed admirably and with excellent finesse in all kinds of diverse climates and terrains across the world. Fiat’s success story in India has also been somewhat similar. In India, though the dynamic climate and unpredictable terrains in particular has been a challenging test for our engines, we have overcome the test with flying colors. The ‘Fiat Diesel Drives India’ drive is Fiat’s way of showing that our engines have passed the Great Indian test and are at the highest level of competency and reliability as technology today can provide.”
Source - Cubic Capacity

Last edited:
Thats nice. Thanks for sharing. Looks like Fiat is pretty serious now with their India plans.

Cheers,
Vroom

Arun

Suspended
Good initiative. Any other manufacturers who organize drives/events/competitons?
I am aware of Mahindra and Maruti.Am I missing anything?

It's nice that Fiat has taken a serious initiative and also they are releasing awesome cars which are elegant and provide with pretty good performance too!(for eg;Fiat Linea)
The new releases by Fiat this year are even paired with looks and good performance.
Thanks for sharing.

-Abhishek[:)]

Good to hear that FIAT is showing keen interest in expanding its market!

Fors has really proved in its Endurance Test for 20,000Kms.

And Even Hyundai has done a Cross Country drive with i10!

Arun

Suspended
I think you meant Ford Zinam. I wasn't aware of the Hyundai drive.Ford just slipped my mind!! This initiative should be taken up by two wheeler manufacturers as well like Royal Enfield. They have a group which travels across the country. Auto-Mags also organize such events.

I think you meant Ford Zinam. I wasn't aware of the Hyundai drive.Ford just slipped my mind!! This initiative should be taken up by two wheeler manufacturers as well like Royal Enfield. They have a group which travels across the country. Auto-Mags also organize such events.

Yes Arun!

Typo error [frustration]

I think Hyundai did a cross country drive last year when Kappa was launched!

Yes. It will good if bike manufacturers start these kind of drives.

But we do have lot of clubs in city who organises lot of long drives in weekends [cheers]

Thread Starter #9
‘Fiat Diesel Drives India’ - Fiat’s MULTIJET Diesel Engines take the Great

• Fiat India undertakes a pan-India Diesel Drive spanning over 10,000 kilometers with their four MULTIJET diesel offerings –Linea, Grande Punto, Palio and Fiat 500
  • Top auto journalists to participate in the drive and test the endurance of Fiat’s MULTIJET diesel engines
  • Fiat Diesel Drives India’ to generate awareness about Fiat’s MULTIJET diesel engine and its success with many cars

The drive will involve auto journalists from India’s top auto magazines, namely, Zigwheels, Car
India, Overdrive, Auto India, BS Motoring, Autocar India, AutoBild, Top Gear, Auto Exchange,
Automotive Product Finder and a special team of auto experts. In addition to this, the drive will
also involve electronic channels like ET Now, NDTV 24X7, CNBC TV 18, NDTV India, Zee
Business, UTVi, Aaj Tak, IBN7, Times Now, online portals such as Carwale.com, *******.com
and publications such as New Indian Express. Through the course of the drive, these esteemed
experts will take Fiat’s diesel engines to the extreme by taking the 4 cars through a stern test of
power, performance and engine finesse. With this drive, Fiat, the inventor and pioneer of the high
tech MULTIJET diesel engines, aims to stamp its authority on the diesel scenario in India as well
as create further awareness about their engine’s presence in majority of the cars in India.

Details - Fiat India

Last edited:
Good initiative. Any other manufacturers who organize drives/events/competitons?
I am aware of Mahindra and Maruti.Am I missing anything?

hyundai and ford did this for their fiesta as well as ikon, hyundai did this with their kappa engine.

good news and good to see fiat coming out with such events which brings more confidence and strong plans for indian market.

Arun

Suspended
The 500 looks so cute! I am shocked someone actually bought that car and is ready to drive it across the country! True petrolhead!

The 500 looks so cute! I am shocked someone actually bought that car and is ready to drive it across the country! True petrolhead!
To make it more clear, these cars are factory Test cars & not owned by any one!

And even no once can participate in Endurance test except Road Test Managers or Test Drivers of Auto Magazines [thumbsup]

The guy who sits in a top shot of FIAT & he is just moving the car for Flag off & he will get down the very next moment :)

Thread Starter #14
Some Pictures of Show - Source - Carwale

carwale said:
The Fiat powerplants responded every time we flexed our right feet and lived up to our expectations. Accompanied with the great handling of the Fiats, driving along single-lane roads and hills was thrilling yet easy

Top Bottom