Nissan to launch Electric Cars in India?

Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
Japanese car manufacturer Nissan revealed it could be launching electric vehicles in the Indian market in the next few years as part of its global plan to sell cars that were cleaner and used alternative sources of power.

On the sidelines of the Tokyo Motor Show, Nissan Motor Corporation CEO Carlos Ghosn-

Carlos Ghosn said:
If there is a market, yes sure. There is absolutely no limitation for where the car will go.
Nissan is showcasing three electric vehicles at the show. Nissan is making a foray into the EV segment in the US, Japan and European markets next year. Nissan has already said the Leaf EV could arrive in India as CBU in the near future.

Source: IAB

Drive Safe!
350Z

Attachments

Hmmm.. I dont really think this Glider will be launched in India!

Doesn't it seems like a concept still?

How will it suit countries especially like India ?

Thread Starter #5

350Z

Core Team
When GM can plan to launch the Electric Vehicle in collabration with Maini, Then why not Nissan?

@Zinam,
That glider is not coming, The car is likely to be some other hatch.

Drive Safe!
350Z

oh! then its should be fine.

But Maini is all ready proved on its own & with GM's tie up we can expect drop in prices & good ASS.

I doubt Nissan in this case :)

Thread Starter #7

350Z

Core Team
Zinam said:
..........GM's tie up we can expect drop in prices & good ASS.I doubt Nissan in this case :)
Yeah, A.S.S and pricing is a different matter, I'm talking specifically about an Electric Vehicle.

Drive Safe!
350Z

Thread Starter #8

350Z

Core Team
Recently, Nissan has announced that they don't have any plans to release EVs in India. More details below:

Nissan Motor India has no immediate plans of introducing electric cars in the Indian market revealed the company CEO and Managing Director Kiminobu Tokuyama.

The Japanese company has drafted plans for the US and UK markets, which have mainly got to do with the Leaf EV. The company says no specific timeframe has been proposed for electric vehicles in India.

Last year, Tokuyama sounded confident about the prospect of the Leaf in India when he requested his HQ in Japan to conduct feasibility studies. It appears those studies have not popped up satisfactory results.

Nissan is also cautious not to burn its fingers with expensive EVs as they attract no special incentives in India.

Mr.Tokuyama says Nissan will bring nine models to India by 2012 and five of them will be produced in India. The remaining four will be directly imported from its factory in Japan. The company would export vehicles from India to over 100 countries like Europe, Middle East and Africa. Exports will begin with the Micra this year. (source: IAB)
Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom