Honda Recalls Over 72,000 City Models for Defective Power Window Switches

Thread Starter #1
Japanese auto major Honda today said it will recall 72,115 units of its mid-sized sedan City in India to replace defective power window switches as part of a global exercise.
The company, which is present in India through a joint venture with the Siel Group — Honda Siels Cars India — said the recall would cover the second generation City, manufactured from 2005 to 2007.
“HSCI is carrying out the part replacement as part of a global exercise by Honda Motor Company to ensure stringent quality standards for its products,” the company said in a statement.
The replacement would be carried out free of cost and the owners will be contacted to carry out the exercise smoothly, it added.
“Although no incident has been reported in India, HSCI is extending the same exercise to the previously sold Honda City manufactured in 2005 to 2007,” the company said.
Earlier, HSCI had announced a similar recall in January last year for 8,532 units of the City, manufactured in 2007.
The company, at present, sells the third generation of the City, which is not affected by the recall exercise, HSCI said.
Honda Motor Co is recalling 9.36 lakh cars, including hatchback Jazz, City and sports utility vehicle CR-V, globally due to defective power window switches.
HSCI, however, said the global recall does not impact the Jazz and CR-V sold in India.

Source : Business Line : Companies News : Honda to recall over 72,000 City sedans

Re: Honda to recall over 72,000 City sedans To replace defective power window switche

oh glad this isnt any major fault..honda is recalling cities quickly. plz correct me if am wrong but i think sometime ago also they recalled some??

hope other auto manufacturers are seeing this, who all fleece indians by selling cars with faulty parts and then start the blame game to escape.

This is a bold, courageous, honest step by Honda in today's scenario when the automobile sales figures are falling down in India
But this should be accompanied with some kind of compensation for the customer to show full concern. This can be monetary, free service coupons, free accesories, wheel balancing, alignment, washing,extended warranty etc.

I hope other auto manufacturers are seeing this, who all fleece indians by selling cars with faulty parts and then start the blame game to escape.
Internet marketing is used to salvage the image.

I am also raising my voice for the faulty Toyota ETIOS supplied to me. I hope someday Toyota officers will solve my issue.[frustration]

Mods please merge this thread with the other recall thread.

And yes this is the second time Honda is recalling City for the same problem!

This is a bold, courageous, honest step by Honda in today's scenario when the automobile sales figures are falling down in India
But this should be accompanied with some kind of compensation for the customer to show full concern. This can be monetary, free service coupons, free accesories, wheel balancing, alignment, washing,extended warranty etc.

I hope other auto manufacturers are seeing this, who all fleece indians by selling cars with faulty parts and then start the blame game to escape.
Internet marketing is used to salvage the image.

I am also raising my voice for the faulty Toyota ETIOS supplied to me. I hope someday Toyota officers will solve my issue.[frustration]
I also think this is the bold step by Honda to face their defects, and not just go away with it like many other car manufacturers do. Even i had my City zx 2006 model and i am really pleased last week when i recieved a call from honda for changing the switches. Really a daring step by honda towards customer satisfaction.[clap].....

well i will say you are lucky honda customer! well how much time it took for replacing??

Honda cars India issues recalled Honda City for faulty power window switch.

Honda City recalled in India for faulty power window switch.

Honda Cars India Limited (HCIL) has today issued a recall alert for the 2nd generation Honda City. HCIL says that the power window switch of the car could malfunction in case water or ‘any other liquid’ enters the driver side window.

Given that most parts of India have witnessed heavy rainfall in the recent days, it’s almost inevitable to open your door without getting drops of water inside. And it so happens that the power window switch mechanism is right in the line of fire.

HCIL says that no problems have been reported yet from anywhere in India. The affected part will be replaced free of cost.

A total of 42,672 units of the Honda City (2nd generation) are being recalled. They would have been manufactured in the year 2007 and 2008.

If you think your Honda City might be one of the affected cars, you can head to a HCIL dealership as all dealerships across India would carry out the free replacement. Honda also says that the affected owners would be contacted individually, in a phased manner.

The current Honda City (3rd generation) is not affected by this recall. Nor is the Honda Jazz, at least in India.

Honda is carrying out the replacement as part of a global exercise by Honda Motor Company.

Honda City recalled in India for faulty power window switch

Last edited:

Top Bottom