Skoda Now Offering Roadside Assistance

Thread Starter #1
ŠkodaAuto India introduces Škoda Shield -24x7 Roadside Assistance and Extended Warranty

A unique after sales initiative to enhance customer experience

• Includes Basic Motor Insurance, 24x7 Roadside Assistance and Extended Warranty

Mumbai- August 3rd, 2010: ŠkodaAuto India, a fully owned subsidiary of ŠkodaAuto a.s., Czech Republic and one of the most promising automobile companies in India has announced SkodaShield; a unique after sales proposition for Skoda customers. Skoda shield will ensure “4 years of carefree driving” with zero worries ownership experience for all customers.

Speaking about this initiative, Mr. Detlef Roemhild, Sr. General Manager, After Sales, SkodaAuto India said, “SkodaAuto believes that the aftermarket services constitute a critical component in the customer’s ownership experience with their vehicles and above all is a strong driver of brand loyalty. SkodaShield only reiterates Skoda’s endeavor to provide innovative products and service to our customers that suits their needs and lifestyle.”

The all-inclusive package consists of Basic Motor Insurance, 24X7 roadside assistance and Extended Warranty. It is available with all Skoda models including the Skoda Superb, Laura and Fabia. Customers can opt for the SkodaShield at a nominal fee (see table) only at the time of purchase of new car.

I. Basic Motor Insurance - Basic Motor Insurance consists of a one-year comprehensive insurance policy. This is clubbed with 24x7 Roadside Assistance for the same term as the insurance.

II. 24x7 Roadside Assistance for the period of insurance - 24x7 Roadside Assistance will offer on-site support to customers in case of breakdown or accident. , so that they may carry forward on their journey without major interruption.

III. Extended Warranty for additional 2yrs/1,00,000 Kms - Extended Warranty is an extension of the new car warranty offered by Škoda Auto India and increases the coverage by two years or upto 1,00,000 Kms over the standard warranty. Hence with extended warranty the cover will be 2+2 years/100,000kms (whichever is earlier)

Source - skoda-shield

Re: Roadside Assistance - Now From Skoda!

Few Months back, when i enquired I was informed that this is only availble to New Cars at the time of purchase and the existing customers are denied, Weird..!

Isn't this Skoda shield thing available for a long time? I went to a Skoda dealership last year and they had this scheme that time itself.

@ Kalyan Yeah weird indeed! The option of taking extended warranty should be available to the customer anytime.

350Z

Core Team

Full information on their road side assistance can be read here (Road Side Assistance ?koda Auto -). Also, this service is not applicable for North-East, Jammu and Kashmir and Islands.

Few Months back, when i enquired I was informed that this is only availble to New Cars at the time of purchase and the existing customers are denied, Weird..!
Perhaps because they’re not assured about their previously manufactured cars. :biggrin:

Drive Safe,
350Z

Well to me this is an old initiative taken by Skoda probably last year first quarter. Yes, indeed it is said that old owners cannot take the benefit of extended warranty. Unlike VW, who gave offers to old customers when they started off AMC thing.

I strongly think, Skoda should introduce or extend this warranty to the customer who bought their cars less than 2 years from the date of registering for this plan. After all for two years, warranty is already there. So I do not see any harm, unless they are not confident about the product they have sold so far. :tongue:

Skoda launches driving safety campaign

Skoda India has introduced its “If You Drink, We Drive” campaign for customers in Mumbai. The service allows Skoda owners to avail of chauffeurs on IPL match days for ferrying between the venue and their homes.

The programme is targeted at raising awareness regarding safe and responsible driving. The offer is valid till May 15. Those watching the game at clubs and restaurants will need to register beforehand to avail the service.

Kamal Basu, head, marketing, Skoda India, said, “We had a tremendous response from our customers last season for this initiative. Following its success, we decided to continue ‘If You Drink, We Drive’ program this year too. Through this program, Skoda continues to spread awareness on road safety and safe driving. With the ongoing game fever, we want the Skoda owners to revel to the fullest without being worried about driving home safely.”

The manufacture is also conducting a summer service camp from April 8 to May 8. Customers can get a 20-point complimentary vehicle check-up, which includes the AC system, engine compartment and under-carriage check-up, at any company service centre.

Skoda launches driving safety campaign | News | Autocar India

Attachments

350Z

Core Team
Skoda has introduced service cost calculator on their website for all cars, including to-be discontinued Fabia. This is the link.

Skoda-India-Service-Cost-Calculator.png

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom