A Wiser Decision is Petrol !

Thread Starter #1
According to the British scientists, the new hydrogen-based fuel could be available in as little as three years. It will be more cheap, efficient and powerful too. It can be easily used on petrol cars.

That means buying a new petrol car now at a cheaper price than a diesel car and using it for three years and thus enjoying the fun drive will be the best decision to make when buying a new car. Even after 3 years/100000 km a petrol car will have only a little maintenance.

That's why i bought a frugal but powerful Toyota Liva Petrol and i am waiting for that hydrogen petrol [thumbsup]

what's your opinion though [:)]

Last edited:
Interesting findings Vivian but 3 years is more of a tentative time rather a confirmation. What if they take 5 years or more ! For the sake of argument you can always come back and say they might take 2 years also :-). But personally I do not see a break thru so early.

Others, what are your thoughts ?

Hmmm looks interesting but what if it doesn't come to India after 3 years and it takes even more time. Anyways i don't care , i am a diesel head and i will buy only a diesel car!

not sounds very practical dude!! people have been sayin hybrid will come in india since ages but when hybrid came - prius = 30 lakhs, civic = 20 lakhs!! [frustration]

man what if armagedon is 2012[lol] as is been predicted.
[lol]Do you really believer in it ! Even if that happens, there are other things to take care of.

Hmmm looks interesting but what if it doesn't come to India after 3 years and it takes even more time. Anyways i don't care , i am a diesel head and i will buy only a diesel car!
I was saying the same thing but if that happens. It would be coming to India in no time. Asian market (India / China) is the biggest for many car manufacturers now and that is the reason so many players have come and many in pipeline.

For Diesel. IT ROCKS [cheers]

not sounds very practical dude!! people have been sayin hybrid will come in india since ages but when hybrid came - prius = 30 lakhs, civic = 20 lakhs!! [frustration]
Absolutely correct. If people really are concerned about our atmosphere or environment then these cars or vehicles should not be out of reach for many.

But again initially things are always expensive.

Thread Starter #7
Here the case is different as a very low priced fuel is coming as an alternate for petrol and there is no changes are needed for the engine.

even fossil fuel was cheaper in the past. later when its use got on increasing its price shot up. our polititians will increase the price of hydrogen and milk us when we start using hydrogen as fuel.

Here the case is different as a very low priced fuel is coming as an alternate for petrol and there is no changes are needed for the engine.
if that is the case well and good .
chances are rare.
just imagine what could be the source of fuel. petroleum could be unearthed from earth . what could be alternative of petrol to suffice millions of litres of daily demand.
imho such news are most probably hoax just for news.

the greater chances are for electric vehicles . fuel cells and hydrogen. they are not internal combustion engines . electricity can be produced from anything even from water but we human beings are not there yet to harvest it for everyday use but in future it would be.
but it wont be far away possibility that our cars could be replaced of present engines with electric motors.

Diesel price in India will be de-regulated any time soon. So think now before investing in a Diesel Car buying option.
diesel price would be anytime lower than the petrol. so diesel wins hands down.

though the hydrogen based fuel be invented & launched in india, with the heavy tax structure, prices will jack up and reach similar to petrol

mera bharat mahan!!!!

Hello Vivian,

Any official link?

If cost of petrol and diesel both same then it is better for common people (with low to mid running ) to go for petrol as the maintenance cost is lower,price is lower and future fuels might be also compatible.

Govt keen to decontrol prices of diesel, LPG, says Pranab - The Times of India

Diesel price in India will be de-regulated any time soon. So think now before investing in a Diesel Car buying option.

I am sure such a thing will never happen any sooner! If they do this then all the truckers throughout India will go on a strike and make sure they regulate the prices again. And hey if the Government really makes it a successful move then be ready to pay more for your daily commodities!

Thread Starter #14
diesel price would be anytime lower than the petrol. so diesel wins hands down.

though the hydrogen based fuel be invented & launched in india, with the heavy tax structure, prices will jack up and reach similar to petrol

mera bharat mahan!!!!
Taxes will be very low as this new hydrogen fuel is 100% pollution free.

Hello Vivian,

Any official link?

If cost of petrol and diesel both same then it is better for common people (with low to mid running ) to go for petrol as the maintenance cost is lower,price is lower and future fuels might be also compatible.
Here is a link to refer Hydrogen based artificial petrol

I am sure such a thing will never happen any sooner! If they do this then all the truckers throughout India will go on a strike and make sure they regulate the prices again. And hey if the Government really makes it a successful move then be ready to pay more for your daily commodities!
when government increased diesel price did they go for strick something atleast i didn't heard any thing for some time there some talk here there later no one care same thing will happen to diesel . also one of guy who own fuel station told me that there are possibility of fuel of diesel going up after September atleast in last meeting they were told .

But still in the end diesel is better any day because good FE it gives [thumbsup] and way new engine are lighter on pocket compare to old engine they have + point

yup like CNG

Top Bottom