Hyundai Registers 20,000 Bookings for Fluidic Verna

Re: Hyundai registers 20,000 bookings for the Fluidic Verna

Impressive! But this is no surprise for me , i see new Verna on road daily these days. The only reason i feel earlier Verna din't do well is because of its not so appealing looks and lack of features. Now with both being rectified , Verna is back with a bang!

I keep telling my friends, Hyundai is the new Toyota.

When looking at the brand, we must see their product range with multiple perspectives. One is domestic, with the santro and the suite of cheap cars. The other is global, with the i20 and the accent (called verna) range.

I believe their brand is value for money. But again, that's my perspective.

Sorry buddy, I disagree for Hyundai being value for money. I remember long ago, when I was told that the rear parcel tray & external side claddings are sold separately & do not come as standard in the Santro. [evil]

The way people are lapping up the new fluidic, it comes as no surprise. The car is a stunner and world class looks. I agree with the comment that Hyundai is the new Toyota. Its outlook looks great with some great models in the kitty.

Try to not limit your view of a brand based on a cheap accessory for a cheap car. It might reduce your ability to gather an unbiased opinion. But if you insist, I'd say that every one is entitled to an opinion of their own. So you're welcome to share yours.

But if you look at trends in European, Australian, American and bric nation sales of automobiles, you might get an insight into global cues on brand value. You know, they buy hyundais there too. And their governing bodies are not as rotten as ours (crash safety, road worthiness, cost of ownership, etc.).

Last edited:

As expected news. Hyundai has learned few lessons from Verna and corrected themselves in terms of looks, safety, features, price and variety engines available in petrol as well as diesel. I know Fluidic is going to rock.

New Verna is a real eye turner. Am eagerly waiting Ford to announce its pricing for new Fiesta. If it is priced right, competition in this segment would be real hot ! No wonder City is doing all the catch up job

Yes, I believe Hyundai may have finally got it right with Verna, this time around.
Good for them. They even offer a Automatic variant in both Diesel and Petrol versions. No car in this segment give the customer an automatic option!

I had never taken a test drive with any car if I am not intend to buy it but this new Verna broke that code and I took a test drive when I went for the service of our family santro last time. It is awesome.

i agree! this was very much expected..hyundai now has very successful car in their hands now!! only fiesta can change its luck..

Good car and nice number of bookings. But bookings may not convert to sales unless they deliver vehicles within short time, because New Ford Fiesta, Nissan Almera (sunny), Skoda Rapid and Tata's new jaguar like sedan is coming soon to the scenes. I love to see those competitions [drive] I love this smiley too hahaha

I keep telling my friends, Hyundai is the new Toyota.

If Hyundai is a VFM money brand then they should recall all Getz Prime back. It's a car with total engine failure and low quality outer body. Just 16000km to blew up. [anger]I changed my crankcase and crankshaft in 16000 km and even though i booked new Verna for it's fluidic design and features and changed my mind later just because of longing deliveries.

But a premium brand like toyota has more reliable engines and parts. For that quality people are paying, call it whether Q class or P class

Hyundai will soon offer a standard reverse camera on all variants of the Verna, including the base versions. Currently this accessory is offered only on the higher-spec SX and SX (O) trim levels. The base variant of the Verna will now be called the Verna EX.

At present, the higher-spec variants comprise a majority of the Verna sales and hence to push the sales of the base variant, Hyundai is offering a standard reverse camera as a goodie.

Another reason to offer a standard reverse camera across the range is to reduce complexity in the production process since all Vernas will get the same rearview mirror. The Verna is the only car in its segment to offer this as standard equipment.

It is unclear how much Hyundai will increase the prices of the models that get this accessory, but we expect the prices to be hiked by Rs 17,000-20,000.

Source:
All Verna variants to get reverse camera - News - Autocar India

Guess it's a smart move,as the C-segment customer started expecting more features in their car's.

Top Bottom