Exclusive: Renault Koleos Launch Coverage (Pg.3 Onwards!)

Thread Starter #1

AMG

Suspended
Sources in Renault India have told IAB that the Koleos SUV, expected during October, will not be priced below 20 lakh rupees. The company is looking to give India a category-breaker and market it as a premium vehicle playing substitutes for the Honda CR-V and BMW X1.

Fitted with every possible electronic gadget and safety will be given uttermost importance, IAB is told that Renault will offer almost the same comfort and safety features Europe gets. The Koleos is powered by a high displacement diesel engine (2.0-liter) producing about 150PS. Renault might offer both transmissions (6-speed manual and automatic) at launch.

Renault is now in the process of testing the car in India.
Renault India will assemble the Koleos at the Oragadam facility situated near Chennai. It plans to have 5 products in the next 15 months and 100 dealer outlets by December 2012. The Koleos will be joined by the V-Platform hatch, Duster and a sedan next year. Renault is following a top-down approach in India and hopes to be among the top 3 non-Indian auto manufacturers in India in the next couple of years.

Read more: Renault Koleos will be a premium product in India | Indian Autos blog

20 lakhs.
Epic Failure.[frustration]

Re: Renault Koleos coming this October at 20 lakhs.

Hmmm 20 Lakhs let's wait and see what are the features the car is going to get.

I feel instead of targeting the X1 and CR-V they could have made it compete with Yeti.

20 lakhs.
Epic Failure.[frustration]
I agree.
Renault should think about localisation before they launch these wonderful vehicles. With this price tag Renault could not survive in India.

350Z

Core Team

On one hand, looking at the size of Koleos, Rs.20 Lakhs will be overpriced. But on the other hand, looking at the Euro-spec features of Koleos, I guess it’ll be worth it! Overall, I will wait for official declaration from Renault on this and in meanwhile; suggest them to consider manufacturing locally which is unlikely though because they won’t risk investing on something which does not have guaranteed returns.

Renault-Koleos_2009_800x600_wallpaper_10.jpg

Renault-Koleos_2009_800x600_wallpaper_1f.jpg

Renault-Koleos_2009_800x600_wallpaper_21.jpg
Pics: NetCarShow

Drive Safe,
350Z

It looks like CR-V from the profile. But yes if loaded with features and localisation handled properly, it should be a worthy competitor.

350Z

Core Team

Aren't the taillamps looking too similar to Audi Q7 during night time? LEDs are missing though.

Drive Safe,
350Z

the koleos shares many mechanicals with the nissan x-trail, notably the four-wheel drive system. this will help to boost economies of scale and bring down costs. as the assembly operations build up steam, the x-trail too will be assembled at renault-nissan's oragadam plant, meaning it will also get cheaper.

Sorry for OT: I would be the first one to pick X-Trail if its price gets reduced considerably!

350Z

Core Team

X-Trail is one such SUV which could barely pick up in the market in spite of several attempts by Nissan. After the Koleos is officially manufactured here, which resulting the reduced costs for X-Trail then I think the competition will be justified to an extent.

Drive Safe,
350Z

I remember the efforts nissan took to promote X-trail :)

There were deals for X-trail with 0% interest rates in many banks :)

Beautiful car, been in it once. Not very appealing from the outside but the interiors are luxurious.

Top Bottom