Tata Safari Storme Breaks Cover (Launch Coverage: Pg.301+)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1
EDIT: The Automotive India's Official Review of Tata Safari Storme Now Online: Tata Safari Storme Road Test Review.

The new Safari will be powered by a spanking new 3.0-litre DICOR mill which will produce up to 120 bhp of power and 300 Nm of torque – which is a decent package for an SUV that will cost downward of Rs. 15-lakh. It goes without saying that the Safari will use a 4x4 system and as per our sources, its not the same drivetrain that powers the current Safari, but a new, more advanced one. Both, the engine as well as the new AWD will debut on the X-over when in goes on sale in January 2010 and will later by used on the new Safari as well.

Apart from these mechanical bits, the new Safari will also gets a host of new features like cruise control, rain-sensing wipers, low-light sensing headlights and taillights etc. to name a few. We believe that the Safari must just make it to the Auto Expo in its new form, however, Tata might hold back the commercial launch of the vehicle till Q2 2010 since the testing is still underway.
Source - Motoroid

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this a face lift or next-gen?

Why not the 2.2l engine?

Downwards of 15 lacs? If it is priced upwards of 12 lacs, it'd be a sure flop.

Oh!

The vehicle looks gigantic enough for an SUV & cannot comment on design much!

And the features mentioned are never before for an TATA car & it seems interesting & fully loaded with monster under hoods!

I think TATA will definitely get its 2.2 DICOR also atleast for pricing competetion!

The new Safari will be powered by a spanking new 3.0-litre DICOR mill which will produce up to 120 bhp of power and 300 Nm of torque – which is a decent package for an SUV that will cost downward of Rs. 15-lakh.
what??? again the 3.0 litre engine from the 407 tempo? thats impossible.

and the current safari has a 140 bhp engine, so how can the facelift have a 120 bhp engine?

Apart from these mechanical bits, the new Safari will also gets a host of new features like cruise control, rain-sensing wipers, low-light sensing headlights and taillights etc. to name a few.
do we see the scorpio effect over here?

@ CC: even the current safari 4x4 costs 13.5 lakhs!

what??? again the 3.0 litre engine from the 407 tempo? thats impossible.

and the current safari has a 140 bhp engine, so how can the facelift have a 120 bhp engine?

do we see the scorpio effect over here?

@ CC: even the current safari 4x4 costs 13.5 lakhs!
It is said that new 3.0 litre engine. I think it won't be borrowed from 407, but a new engine. With 120 BHP, i think it'd weigh less and will be more driveable, something like Scorpio.

That's the reason Safari doesn't sell well.

Engine specs sound a bit fishy.Other changes are most welcomed.

Hope they don't mess much with the looks.

The current safari "ROCKS" in the looks department & comfort factor.

It is said that new 3.0 litre engine. I think it won't be borrowed from 407, but a new engine. With 120 BHP, i think it'd weigh less and will be more driveable, something like Scorpio.

That's the reason Safari doesn't sell well.
but when the 2.2 can make 140 bhp, why not simply detune it to 120 bhp?

there might be some mistake in updates as new safari wont come with 3.0L dicor engine, infact they might detune its current 2.2L engine with better equipments.Also heard is that rear mounted spare wheel might get its place beneath the rear seats like scorpio, which i feel would discard the appeal of Safari.

but when the 2.2 can make 140 bhp, why not simply detune it to 120 bhp?
The one in Sumo Grande?
I believe the better the CC is, the engine pulls with less effort. So Tata might bring a new high capacity engine. Hope they do so. But i'm not sure about the news, nor i'm claiming that this is the engine that's going to come. I wish it comes.

there might be some mistake in updates as new safari wont come with 3.0L dicor engine, infact they might detune its current 2.2L engine with better equipments.Also heard is that rear mounted spare wheel might get its place beneath the rear seats like scorpio, which i feel would discard the appeal of Safari.
That's a good thing. The rear door mounted spare wheel, not only makes the door heavy, but also affects visibility.

350Z

Core Team
The rear lamps, alloy wheels and some bits on the bumper appear similar to the existing Safari. Perhaps Tata has put them up temp. to create a confusion. Spare wheel at back will be missed though. Safari might loose the real SUV stance without it. Here's a PS Job showing how an old Safari looks without one.

untitled.JPG

Drive Safe,
350Z

I think there is some thing wrong in the engine spec. May there are just assuming. If they are moving back to 120 BHP , I don't know how it will be treated in the market !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom