Autocar says :
1. New Chassis i.e : x2 from aria, a 200mm reduction from arias 2850mm wheelbase, It says the new hydroform chassis is 35 kg lighter and 45% stifferthan the old safari chassis.
2. Front suspension setup is new, In place of torsion beam front-end in old safari, storme gets arias double wishbone and macPherson struts.
3. Steering gear too borrowed from aria, reduced turning circle of 10.8 m.
4. Retains shift on the fly 4 wheel drive system and low ratio.
5. They say the 2.2 dicor motor is tweeked to make it more responsive and is mated to a new 5 spd gear box(G76 Mk II).
7. Improved handling brakes are spongy and is equipped with ABS
8. In spite of the changes in chassis safari retains its plush ride only drawback being the Jump seats.
9. A huge improvement in fit and finish and lesser panel gaps , and plastic quality is similar to the one used in aria and in some places they say its better than aria.
10. High seating position gives a commanding view of proceedings ahead, and easier to drive in city due to the steering system which is not hard to turn at parking speeds and returns more feedback.
11. Estimated price 9-10 lakhs.
12. Last but not the least EXPECTED TO HIT THE MARKET IN MID 2012.
I think all of us here are aware of these facts, Thanks to few brilliant fellow TAI
's who keep us all updated, That does include u Mr. The xover
Now Lets keep our fingers crossed till they announce the price, I hope they roll out Storme with ESP, Climate control ETC