You need to drive this beast to believe whatever I am going to write now, simply because of old history of Safari and TML.
Aria was a stepping stone for TML in terms of good quality product but it failed, because NOBODY was ready to buy a 16L car that too from TATA. but whoever got a chance to drive or own it, nobody complained..correct?
Same goes to STORME,I am a current Safari owner and die hard Safari fan so it may sound a biased feedback. And neither I am going to compare it with any other SUV because everybody loves his\her car whatever they own, and I respect that neither I am “Auto certified “to do that
All you have to do is TD once and you will\may associate everything what I am going to write now in short
1. Looks: its huge ( Yes being a old safari owner ,I felt its huge, spl from front and on technical specification also)
2. Space : Better thn current Safari, space space n more space. Back seat is for kings and Queen :-)
3. Interiors: Top notch, all switches and material is of very high quality
4. Dash (console) : My only disappointment :Single din but works fine, Bluetooth was awesome when I used it. Though I am against too much electronics in SUV but a 2-DIN system was must. I guess TATA missed the trick here. Spl first time buyer of SUV will not like this at all
5. Drive : Butter smooth, Makhkhan.Thats where the main difference is. Felt like driving a car, though i missed the sound of roaring engine :-). Asked couple of lady owners also to drive and they felt its like car. One lady commented "its like I am driving my i-20)
6. You can NOW take U - turn on spot ( no need to go left first ;-)
7. Brakes: Simply awesome, and yes ABS
is working fine . Tried couple of times on Mumbai expressway and it was amazing.
8. Body roll, Turbo lag: Technical term only :-)
9. Ghat section: was driving in 4h gear :-)
10. Doors: car like
11. AC: chiller,(well know for existing cars also)
12. Paint quality is very good
13 Gear: Better thn Prev generation, but gear box is not like car
13. Suspension: it glides. Just one example> Have driven my old Safari on some very bad road in Pune, spl Sayaji service lane is test track :-), and every time my friends used to tell me that only Safari can "run" on this road. Took Storme there and it was gliding
So plz take a TD if its launched in your State and I am sure you will love the drive.