Hey guys, it was just fun meeting Sanjay and Raja. Thanks to Sanjay to letting us drive his brand new beast.
Now back to Business: WOW is the word that em and wifey said after seeing the beast.
We were late by one and half hour ,Sanjay and Raja were waiting for us. As soon as we reach the meeting place, directly sat in Storme to feel it. Me on driver seat and wifey next to me. As soon as we enter the beast, it was huge inside. big , bigger, biggest. Nice and simple interiors not much jazzy. very well placed arm rest. Dash board was looking really nice, and 1 Din that people were cribbing about, actually does not looks that bad. The door levers were looking really rich.
Then first thing I checked was the famous knee problem, I tried all seat positions and steering din't touch my knees. As it is I keep my legs little tilted. My knees always rest on side wall of Dash board so it was not a problem for me.
Footwell was not feeling cramped as claimed by many people here.
Then Sanjay gave keys and inserted keys and turn ignition on. White illuminated lights glow up the dash and instrument cluster. IMO
, white glowing light always give the rich feeling (personal choice). I would any day prefer white over red and orange.
The I came out of Storme, checked all around, Color quality as mentioned was top notch. It was actually different from other cars (till now what I have seen).
Then Raja took over the wheel and then we went for small drive. Me and wifey took the rear seat, it was huge. acres of place in rear seats. Absolutely comfy seats. Lotz of leg room and three people can easily accommodate there. Raja took the beast at good speed over the bumper and some bad patches, dint even felt that.
Now it was my time to take the wheel, although the drive was really small, enjoyed it very much. Slotted first gear. Actually I was not able to slot the first gear properly first time , tried again and it worked. 2 ton beast was moving on half clutch
. The slotted 2nd gear and then 3rd gear it was butter smooth. Then we reached our destination and my TD ended there. But it was fun.
I can say driving storme was easier to drive then Punto, because of the clear visibility of bonnet and good road visibility. Steering was not one of the best in terms of looks, but the feedback from steering was good. I din't get chance to test the brakes, so cannot comment much on it.
Then came wifey's turn to try her hands. I stopped car near the big bump on the front right wheel. Wifey slotted first gear. Again she was able to pickup the beast on half clutch and also she managed the go over the big bump without using the accelerator. That's it she was done. I have never seen my wifey so happy after driving any car, she was damn happy.
Then we all had normal chat to each other, mostly it was about TAI
and Storme. Then we bid adieu to each other, Sanjay left for Pune, Raja to his home and we for dinner.
As soon as we entered Punto, wifey was like, this is so cramped.
. She liked Storme so much.
- She liked the Dash, plus music system with remote (music system remote not present in Punto)
- She said, chrome door handles gives very rich feeling.
- Color is brilliant.
- Storme cannot be compared with other cars especially Duster. She said while chatting with Sanjay and Raja, Duster's height is less than Wagon R. .
- She also said that visibility was awesome and she will feel more confident while driving Storme than Punto. She never felt like driving big SUV.
- Liked the soft touch leather on dash.
- While going to dinner to South Mumbai, we saw at least 4-5 banners of Storme advertisement. And everytime she was more than happy to see to each Storme ad poster.
- On road we saw the Range Rover and she said that the front part of Storme from side angle looks similar to Range Rover. She also mentioned the same while talking to Raja, but she din't remember the name of the car at that time.
- Last but not least, she din't even mentioned anything about that Music HU looking odd on dash. That means, normal person will tend to either miss that 1 DIN or All other things in Storme is so impressive that people just don't care about what music system it provides.
That's it from my side, But like Raja is saying from ages, you need to see it in real to actually feel what the beast Storme is.