Originally Posted by sanjaysg
(sorry for bad quality as it was too late and bit foggy outside.)
Will write in more detail about Concorde and Drive experince tomorrow
Concorde Motors Rock!!! around 14 people worked to ensure I get the delivery today and everybody was there in office so late including the GM.Love you guys! I am confident that you will soon become number 1 dealer in Pune.
Drive : Makhkhkhkhkhan.its like car and big one. Now its worth taking TD of so many SUV under 25L. worth every penny I spent and happy that I waited for STORME.
Got a TD yesterday. It was amazing. I have driven the previous versions of Safari for 7000 to 8000 kms. Hence the changes were felt even before I sat in Storme.
1) The paint job is just awesome. The richness and quality is just great.
2) The stance and overall presence is superb.
3) Frankly speaking didn't observe interiors as i was busy enjoying the drive. Had a glance though. Personally I think it has all what I need. Simple yet rich interiors is how I would summarize.
4) For me Safari was always easy to drive. But after driving the Storme I couldn't believe that I was in a 2 ton vehicle. Lag was slightly felt but countered it by keeping revs up. Took it to the most congested traffic places to check the bumper to bumper traffic and the feeling was great.
5) Braking - We went for TD to the showroom in 2011 Safari hence it was easy to compare it Storme. Wanted to check the brakes as I had one or two scary moments in the past in previous versions of Safari. Took the Storme to a clear road and braked hard, really hard. Felt confident immediately. The discs and ABS
do their duties perfectly.
6) Couldnt try out the body roll but I can say that its lot less. How? Was chasing a Storme on Pune - Bangalore Highway before it was launched. And the way it was moving in and out and also the corners in Ghat Section was just amazing.
7) The only thing I would like them to improve is the steering position. Its my personal opinion. Would like about 1/2 to 1 inch more gap between my thighs and steering. My friend who owns 2011 Safari was of the same opinion. Once I adjusted there were no issues. Was perfect.
Overall I was very happy after driving the Storme. Ride quality and Comfort is unmatched. Can easily munch miles and miles in this beast. Have driven most of the so- called competition to Storme. I will not compare it with anyone simply because there is no competition to what this Beast offers. Period.
My write up is not upto the mark so please forgive me. Will update as and when I can.