Guys, I took a long 30Km test drive yesterday and I was totally disappointed. Cancelled my booking today. Test Drive Vehicle : VX, Pearl white Good things
- Killer look.
- Very good paint quality. Urban bronze looked real killer.
- Good interior ambiance.
- Very less panel gaps compared to older safari.
- No need to mention about seat comforts(Inherited from older one). Bad things
The bad experience started right from the entrance to the beast. ergonomics
- I am a 5.6 feet, and guys I can not believe that I was having problem at the driver seat, because my knees were kind of touching the steering. The seat was at lowest position and steering was at highest position. Still I was not feeling comfortable.
- The stalk mounted controls is really painful. Just think you have to twist the stalk with your two fingers to increase or decrease the volume. Fit and finish
- The stalk mounted audio controls were not working at all.
- Most of the things were in place. But TATA still need to go a long way. The steering was grinding with the plastic of the column below.
This was not only in the TD vehicle, but also in the vehicle at showroom for display. Driving
- The response to throttle was really admirable. I stressed the vehicle upto 145KMH
- The lane changing was not confident. Lot of body roll could be felt
- The road had a lane with recent tarmac coating. So this lane was around 1/2 inch higher than the rest lanes of the road. I could feel a lot of unbalance when the left tyre went off to other lane. The unbalance was really shocking. In such scenarios I never realized that something has happened in my old Aveo.
- I could hear wind noise entering doors at a speed of 110KMH. Music System
- Although the Alpine unit is a good one, but it is not complemented with good speakers.
- The sound output was of a FM quality, and that also like one with only half antenna out. If someone ask me for a grading then I will give 6 on a scale of 10 as compared to scorpio's OEM
speaker's sound quality(Just TDed today). Last row seat
- In back seats even a 5 feeter can not rest his back, because his head will start touching the roof (Not exactly roof, but the tapering portion which start just above the side window glass and end at the roof). Last but not the least Experience with TATA showroom
Staff was enough polite and helpful. But helpful only after giving a warning of booking cancellation.
First I was promised a TD on Thrusday at the showroom.
Then shifted to Friday.
Then promised for a TD at my home on Saturday at 11AM.
Then promised for 2 PM.
Then at 3PM, I had to tell them that I am cancelling my booking, and it worked. The vehicle was at my home at 5PM.
Though it is a different story that I cancelled my booking due to other reasons and not exactly showroom experience.
I would say that it is a normal response, and would be shown by any showroom in early weeks just after launch.