Originally Posted by Superbad
there is a class in all vehicles.
an alto is a hatch (a-class), so is swift(c-class)
so comparison among different classes is futile.
same is the case with quanto and the safari.
some reviews mentioned that the old safari and quanto handled alike.
so if you are comparing it in that aspect then it is fine .
I have the oppertunity to drive the followings
Safari Vtt 2011
Well even a blind can tell you in which car he is sitting and more comfortable in, so there is no point discussing the comfort and handling. Safari handling is miles ahead than Scorpio, thar or bolero, its just its long turning radius which plays the havoc.
Now back to storme:
I got the chance to see and sit in the Storme Vx 4x2 in evening, below are my observations
1. there is next to no difference from Auto Expo model
2. but the vehicle was looking very good in showroom (small showroom-ABS
3. Even 20L plus vehicles doesnt have disc brakes all round
4. acres of space
5. Fit and finish of components and their quality is not found in the SUV under 15L (apart from Aria). Debatable with XUV but storme has better plastics and they are fit in a much better style.
6. Front looks awesome (debatable)
7. Rear also looks awesome, i guess DC has copied storme design of tail pipes when he was doing modifications in Fortuner DC Style.
8. Rear Grey coloured strip is of plastic
9. Integrated foot steps are just too good in terms of design, fit and practicality
10. Engine sound felt less than the previous generation.
11. Neat and clean engine bay
12. Middle seat split fold in 60:40 (means you can carry the entire house load in it).
13. I was not able to get the TD as there was only one vehicle on showroom and TD vehicle will reach to them by tomm or day after.
Now waiting for TML official accesories list to pimp up the ride
BIG QUESTION: Will i trade off my 4x4 Pleasure Aria with 4x4 Storme Vx
Answer: No, because of the price point and lack of features as compare to Aria.
Will detailed out side by side comparision of storme with aria once i'll get a long TD soon.
Note: People who are cribbing about quality, fit and finish, panel gaps, equipment level they should look the beast in flesh, sit in it, TD it do a honest comaprision with Scorpio EX, Duster 110 base model, Force1. I know the answer, you will not find the LX Storme costly.
My Wish: Tata must have launched the base Lx model without ABS
and other goodies at a preice point of 8.99L (introductory) and LX with ABS
and some goddies at 9.75L to garner more bookings and sales numbers.