@Sanjay - My congratulations to you booking a Storm
I felt write about Storm in a very realistic way after seeing it directly !!
Disclamer : No offence for other makes and absolutely no TATA favourism here, but just putting up a good is good and bad is bad
Till I see the Storm personally, I was having all the thoughts like others about TATA and their vehicles which is very very common. In addition to it something always troubles me with my own experience of Indica those days and when I read somethings about present Aria, Nano, Safari as there are niggles from TATA vehicles like other cars, but which are some times very silly things which could have been avoided, for example say the rattling, this is there in TATA vehicles since quite long time, I do not say that rattling is not there on other brand cars, but you find some cars absolutely without rattles !! So I always think that why TATA really look into this and ensure the fit & built which will not allow any rattles in their vehicles, like this there are some others which can be avoided if Tata thinks to do something on them and I wish they addess them soon. I am also against to something like visiting the service center from day one for some or other problems and people say that TATA is great and addressing them and even replacing them without any further discussions, this is some thing a relief where with other brands you will find tough time, buy these niggles from initial day it self, if we have spent some good money then can't we avoid these and have some peaceful life, yes it can be done as again TATA has to really think about them seriously. This is was I am against about nothing else and I really respect a brand is only TATA for all their efforts and achievements in Auto sector and others. And I believe these issues are not that serious where a company like TATA cannot handle them. now coming to Storm
When I see it for the first time I felt the following, which is completely un biased I promise you on that
1. Oh what a huge beast which is not fitting in my eye sight. This feeling was for the first time looking at any Indian made vehicle
2. Oh Tata can really make such vehicles, Oh its wonderful looking at its front I felt like hugging it from the front for its unique rich,executive design
3. when I started looking sides from front angle the view looks impressive with some real muscles drawn from headlights to the back
4. Tyres, they are just 16" but were looking like some 18"+ and much bigger and well suited to those muscles body
5. looking at the windows are giving some clear stance from outside which I hope the same from inside too
6. going to the back, believe me its a perfect executive rich shape and it was just perfect not to have the spare wheel. Yes present Safari looks beautiful with spare wheel
7. The model embossed in steel in perfect place and with perfect size and 4x4 tempts you. back glass gives you clear vision again
8. when I tried to see inside, yes there is huge space, head room, leg room for first row, second row and yes there are jump seats, but the difference from others is that you have lot of space left around those seats where seating on that will be a really pleasure and I hope we will not jump from them. If you fold them, then you have a huge space like a ship there.
9.Coming to the dash area, everything was just fitted perfectly which is not a contemporory but simple rich and again I use the word executive, except except the single DIN spoiled that area. Was just imagining a 2-DIN integreted thing there oh would have been a killer. gear size is just perfect placed in right area with a very good chrome on the nob with clear numbers on it. streering is also looks in a perfect shape when I see the gap between the seat and steering and pedals. I could not sit inside but if I just imagine sitting on the driver seat and try to watch the front, you will be able to see entire bonnet clearly and its awesome to see like that.
10. Other thing was paint quality, really I was impressed with the paint job done, its very glossy and very decent too for the first time as the mettalic work of the paint can be seen and when you touch it, it was just as smooth like a cheek of a infant !!
11. and finally when I go little far and watched it from a distance and it looked like A 380 in front of you, you will understand it if you have really any time was in front of A 380 as I have this experience in Dubai. It looks huge. Just imagine such vehicle is moving on the road, how it looks like and it comes and just break in front of you and stops.
Now the bad things, already told you, single DIN really spoils the show, looks very less features when you compare with XUV or something else and as I have not driven one other things can be known only after driving it and price also a worry now. But some how it looks to me that to own this vehicles these things will never stops you as people who buy this will have that executive passion in them which never require any feature, but that very decent looks and I expect a refined engine under hood and the very unique driving pleasure and the stance of it !!
Hope I just explained you what ever is my feeling after looking at it, and make it a point to say that yes it is subjective with my opinion, so I do not want to generalise it. opinions defer, but opinions are more valid once you see it personally, tell then only our own widl guessing
enjoy friends !!