Mahindra Adds EX Variant to Scorpio Lineup

Thread Starter #1
Mahindra-Scorpio-EX.jpg

Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. has added a new "EX" varaint to the current line up of Scorpio. This new version is the entry level version. Read the following report from Motoroids for more details.

The new Scorpio is powered by the new 2.5-liter m2DiCR engine with 75 bhp of peak power. Although the Scorpio EX isn’t as powerful as its mEagle sibling that produces 122PS of power, its 220Nm of peak torque helps keep this mammoth in mortion without much of a trouble. The new Mahindra Scorpio would be the new entry level variant in the Scorpio lineup.
Driveability and refinement, not performance are the virtues of this version of the Scorpio. ARAI has rated it at 14kmpl for fuel efficiency, which is quite good for such a heavy vehicle. Mahindra Scorpio EX is priced at Rs.7.21 lakhs (ex-showroom Pune, for BSIV).

Additional features include digital immobilizer. The new vehicle is available in four colours namely Rocky Beige, Diamond White, Fiery Black and Mist Silver. Mahindra claims a 0-60km/h acceleration of 11.2 seconds.

Commenting on the launch, Mr. Vivek Nayer, Senior Vice President, Marketing, Automotive Division, Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd., said “At Mahindra, our endeavour has always been to offer the best-in-class products and this new offering from the Scorpio stable is no exception. With its easy drivability, great mileage and refined performance, I am sure that the Scorpio Ex will be an instant hit with young customers looking for an affordable entry point into the Scorpio franchise. An unmitigated success in the SUV segment since its launch, the Scorpio has kept up its momentum with constant up-gradations and new offerings.” Source: Motoroids

Re: Mahindra adds EX variant to the Scorpio Lineup

what is the on road cost in bangalore? Can we compare it with bolero 90 PS?

Thread Starter #3

what is the on road cost in bangalore? Can we compare it with bolero 90 PS?
I am not sure of the prices in Bangalore since M&M has not updated their webpage yet. As for comparison with Bolero 90PS is concerned, i dont think that would be fare since the Scorpio EX is 15 PS lesser than the Bolero, though the torque it generates is pretty generous.

Hmmm Mahindra started feeling the heat from Safari is it? But with such a low power output , i hope it performs atleast decently because SUV'S are enjoyed mostly in the highways and i hope this engine doesn't run out of breath easily.

350Z

Core Team
With this move from Mahindra, I think we can be slightly hinted that they’re trying to extract full sales out from the popular Scorpio range even by targeting the customers with lesser budget. Yes, this could also be a result of heat from Tata Safari, whose advertisements were being aired recently focusing on its affordable price.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Well, it looks like they are targeting the 'Cab' segment. It could be a good competition to the Sumo's and Tavera's, but, honestly, I don't wish to see the Scorp or Safari in the taxi category, like the Innova's. They simply loose their flair.

Well, it looks like they are targeting the 'Cab' segment. It could be a good competition to the Sumo's and Tavera's, but, honestly, I don't wish to see the Scorp or Safari in the taxi category, like the Innova's. They simply loose their flair.
well buddy i dont feel that cabbies will still purchase scorpio..yes its now cheap but its my feeling only. they mostly purchase muvs and am yet to see any base variant safari or scorp used as taxi!!

It has got nothing to do with MUV's or SUV's! They have a good alternative with Innova which i feel is slightly more comfortable and most important of all very very reliable!

Last edited:
How is the performance of Scorpio VLX 4WD Air bag.
Any niggles or issues in the vehicle. Please suggest me seating arrangements where I can get good space at the last row. I want to book as soon as possible.

350Z

Core Team
How is the performance of Scorpio VLX 4WD Air bag.
Any niggles or issues in the vehicle. Please suggest me seating arrangements where I can get good space at the last row. I want to book as soon as possible.
The Scorpio 4x4 is said to have a powerful motor which is full of torque. You must refer to other Scorpio reviews on our forum to know the experiences of other owners. At present, I cannot recall any owner facing a major trouble with their car. It’s an awesome package overall if you have the budget to afford one. And after all, Scorpio is India’s most selling mid-sized SUV – Mahindra must be doing something right.

Drive Safe,
350Z

The Scorpio 4x4 is said to have a powerful motor which is full of torque. You must refer to other Scorpio reviews on our forum to know the experiences of other owners. At present, I cannot recall any owner facing a major trouble with their car. It’s an awesome package overall if you have the budget to afford one. And after all, Scorpio is India’s most selling mid-sized SUV – Mahindra must be doing something right.

Drive Safe,
350Z
THANKS...

I have search the thread but could not find much details on Scorpio 4WD. I would be really thankful to you if you can share links on reviews of Scorp 4WD.

350Z

Core Team
THANKS...

I have search the thread but could not find much details on Scorpio 4WD. I would be really thankful to you if you can share links on reviews of Scorp 4WD.
Sorry. I don't think there are any reviews of Scorpio 4WD on our forum yet. But to share a few links of 2WD version:

- http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/ownership-reviews/55-my-scorpio-vlx-powered-mhawk.html
- http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...ws/1367-mahindra-scorpio-vlx-mist-silver.html
- http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...ndra-scorpio-m-hawk-vlx-micro-hybrid-2wd.html
- http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...corpio-2-6-non-crde-crossed-1-8-lakh-kms.html

Hope this helps. :smile:

Drive Safe,
350Z

Can we have a small review of the EX variant?

This variant is added on the Scorpio website now.

Few features:

• 75 bhp 2.5 ltr m2DiCR engine
  • 14kmpl mileage, certified by ARAI
  • Fuel-saving Micro Hybrid technology
  • Compliant with stringent BS4 emission norms
  • 0-60kmph in just11.2 seconds
  • Digital Immobiliser
  • Power Steering
  • Crash protection crumple zones and Side intrusion beams
  • 5-zone cushion suspension
It is available in 4 colors: Rocky-Beige, White, Black & Silver.
I have seen the white & black colored EX. They look good with the black bumpers.

Few changes on the exterior:

• Roof rails are missing
  • Black bumpers & grille (I liked it this way [:)])
How would you rate this for entry level SUV option?

Attachments

Last edited:
For those who aspire to own a good looking SUV with not much of pain from the pocket, I think this variant should help...! [clap]

I mean people going for a diesel hatchback/sedan around 7-9L, this car is worth considering. Wat say..?

Top Bottom