Skoda Yeti Now Available in 4x2 Avatar

Thread Starter #1

AMG

Suspended
Skoda Auto India will launch new variants of the Yeti SUV. The new variants will be powered by a small capacity diesel engine and a petrol engine. The new variants with small capacity engines will help Skoda to sell more Yeti models in the country as these models will likely be priced a notch below the present model. There are speculations that the Yeti’s smaller diesel engine could be the 1.6 litre TDI motor that powers the Volkswagen Vento. This power plant makes 105 bhp of maximum power and 250 Nm of maximum torque. The petrol engine will likely be the 1.2 litre TSI motor that powers the Yeti sold in markets abroad. The new engine variants can bring down the Yeti’s price by Rs. 1-2 lakh based on the features and mechanicals stripped down by Skoda. If the new Yeti variants are priced starting from Rs. 13 lakh or a lesser, the sales of the SUV could go up. Source: Dance With Shadows

Also read:
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...s/3915-skoda-bring-sub-10-lakh-suv-india.html

Re: Skoda Yeti Coming With Two New Engines

Well i don't know whether it would be that fun to drive with these smaller engines. The current engine in Yeti is an amazing performer!

But small engine , lower cost , even improved FE , surely can boost the sales.

Re: Skoda Yeti Coming With Two New Engines

Skoda India To Launch Yeti 4X2 - MotorBeam

350Z

Core Team
Re: Skoda Yeti Now With Two New Engines and 4x2

Skoda India has released Yeti 4x2 with less powerful engine which produces 110 BHP @ 4200 RPM and torque of 250 NM @ 1500-2500 RPM. The car is coupled with 5 Speed Manual Transmission as opposed to 6 Speed Manual Transmission on 4x4. This stripped down version will be available in Active trim only. Also the website has been updated too: TechnicalSpecs Skoda Auto -

Drive Safe,
350Z

Rest everything is okay,in fact Yeti is the only SUV I really want to buy here in India,its a really smart kid off the block.
Rest I am not ready to believe a sub-10 lacs price tag,it may be somewhere about 13-14 lacs,see the Laura TDI M/T and A/T price difference.

Good decision and I am sure it will help Skoda to sell more Yetis. The prime reason for less sale I believe is, in India people think "baad hai to better hai" (Bigger the better) as far as buying a SUV is concerned. Whereas, Yeti is a small SUV by any angle.

So this strip down version would fetch more customers or it should !

akit

Suspended
Skoda rolls out Yeti 4x2 at Rs 13.35 lakhs

the Skoda Yeti 4x2 SUV variant seemed to be ideal in the present situation. Moreover, the price cut on the 4x2 variant will help them to lure the consumers in their direction

350Z

Core Team
Good but what is the price ?
Skoda has officially launched Yeti 4x2 at Rs.13.20 Lakhs with claimed mileage of 17.72 Kpl.

- Yeti Active 2.0 TDI 4X2: 13,20,970 (MH) / 13,46,159 (DL)

- Yeti Ambition 2.0 TDI 4X2: 14,05,379 (MH) / 14,32,195 (DL)

ŠKODA launches the Yeti 4x2 in India (2).jpg

ŠKODA launches the Yeti 4x2 in India.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

Last edited by a moderator:
Good move by Skoda but don't you guys think it should have been little bit more cheaper.Xuv is still better VFM SUV than Yeti.But still I hope the abominable snowman and the little bigfoot should find more homes with this move, all the best to Skoda.

Rest everything is okay,in fact Yeti is the only SUV I really want to buy here in India,its a really smart kid off the block.
Rest I am not ready to believe a sub-10 lacs price tag,it may be somewhere about 13-14 lacs,see the Laura TDI M/T and A/T price difference.
Well,I had hit the spot,see I guessed the price,so Mods..any gift for me?[;)]

Well,my hot favorite SUV got a 4X2 too,now that means the changes will be:-
1)Better performance(due to reduced weight).
2)Better FE.
3)Even lower maintenance.

Good move by Skoda but don't you guys think it should have been little bit more cheaper.Xuv is still better VFM SUV than Yeti.But still I hope the abominable snowman and the little bigfoot should find more homes with this move, all the best to Skoda.
Well,XOVER..
As much I remember,you read the ACI magazine.Right?
Well,so have a look at the page no. 106 of the December 2010 issue.
The XUV and Yeti can never be compared,why?
Because:-
1)XUV is a full fledged SUV,while Yeti is a compact boy.
2)The quality levels are far far different.
3)There is no comparison of ride and handling.(I have driven Yeti too and am not ready to believe that any person driving a Yeti would love to drive any other SUV)
4)Performance of Yeti is on the higher side.
5)FE of the Yeti is on the higher side.
6)Yeti seems to be tougher built,while the XUV should have been,being a proper big SUV.
7)SUVs are expected to have worst of the handling in the world,but Yeti is a compromise.
8)It can beat an XUV on even the off-road.(Both have locked differential and no low ratio box,but Yeti has weight advantage).
9)Yeti is no headache in the city.

Only problem,Yeti looks like a grown up Fabia,rest its really a considerable thing.

Top Bottom