Ok, updates on All New Swift TD - could not get one
I went to Deccan Sai Service today evening and they have not yet gotten their TD car registered. So mostly it will be in showroom by this week, and I will get a chance to TD then.
Here is an account of interiors and other things from a long time swift owner. Will try my best to be impartial.
Things I liked:-
1. Front looks better and the bumper tapers off nicely at the bottom. Also bumpers felt strongly built as compared to ones in the old swift.
2. ORVMs are better looking now and have been enlarged for a better view. IRVM still remains the same though.
3. A *little* more cabin space than the outgoing model
4. Tyres from MRF instead of JKTyres which I thought did not suffice and provided bad grip and less ride quality
5. Steering feel is better
6. New OEM
alloys are really breath taking and are a first of its kind for this segment
7. Shark fin antenna at the back looks good
8. Cup holder and additional space on the dash is great and will be helpful
9. Doors try to ape the 3-way shut process from European siblings, but are not at all heavy like the ones in Polo or Punto
10. New instrument cluster looks good and MID gives almost all important information including run time average.
Things I did not like (or could have been better):-
1. Interior plastic quality is not good and has been just marginally improved from the old one. Although dash looks a little better but plastic in door and panels is just a little better. I am guessing that it will rattle like the old one after a while.
2. Rear seat space has not improved a lot. It is still the same uptight feel I get in my old love. Although the front seats are carved for the rear passenger to have more leg room, but the improvement would be only a little.
3. Finish and upholstery has not improved much either. It comes out as a poor cousin to what is present in Polo, Fabia or Jazz
4. No change in engine or output. Heart remains the same with same pumping rate. I was expecting that performance will be enhanced a little bit but not to be.
5. Price - All new swift has been placed in higher price points now. Here are the OTRs in Pune. Take a look and you would know why ---
LXI - 4,93,975
VXI - 5,37,053
ZXI - 6,30,531
LDI - 5,85,140
VDI - 6,33,054
ZDI - 7,19,714
Polo Petrol TL is at 5,14,000 in Pune, with discounts and attractive finance scheme of 6.99% and it has more features than LXI
6. Waiting period - this is where it all ends. I asked the sales person when will I get the car if I book now. He looked at me and all that mad rush in the showroom and told me - 'Sir, you have to wait for 3 months for Petrol and 6 months for Diesel'. I said 'What! are you out of your mind? These homes are constructed in 6 months and ready for possession in that time'. He murmured, 'Sir, this is Maruti Swift, what do you expect!'.
If someone asks me, personally I don't think I will go for a Swift again, there is nothing new exciting and well the looks, although good, but when you will see every blo&&y Joe owning it like an iPhone, you will get tired of it!!
Here are a few pictures I have taken from my cell (pls ignore the image quality)