AMW - Asia MotorWorks - Heavy Commercial Vehicles

Thread Starter #1
Mods : I could not find any threads related to HCVs. If exists, pls move or merge this thread with it.

Hi everyone,

Have you ever had any experience with AMW trucks?
In terms of performance & looks, it is outstanding[clap] when compared with HCV grand daddys TATA & Leyland (Not comparing with World Truck & U-Truck)

Any AMW users / owners here?
Keen to hear from each of you.

I have spotted them quite often on Chennai-Pondy via Thindivanam bye pass,i like them because of no specific reasons,but,i like to see upclose and interior snaps of it.

I definitely love the AMW trucks, but the reason why i didnt get here is my complete ignorance about Heavy vehicles.
However quite recently, with the introduction of Tata Prima and M&M Navistar, even the indian trucks have got the missing visual appeal!

Here a pic of Tata Prima truck from the last years Autoexpo.

Attachments

This reminds me of one thing ,
we have a friend , whose dad worked with leyland earlier and became the GM of AMW .

He showed some designs of axel and other things when before the truck was released.
I was amazed by the cabin design then , as there was no other truck with a cabin of that build , Volvo was there , but not so common as now.
Hope i saw the design in his laptop in the year 2004~05

after some 2 years of seeing the design , i saw the real truck in road .

Sad part is , he is no more . i saw the truck only after his death . Mostly as trailer in chennai roads.

Thread Starter #7
However quite recently, with the introduction of Tata Prima and M&M Navistar, even the indian trucks have got the missing visual appeal!
+1 Ashok Leyland U-Truck

ilango[speed thirst];72711 said:
This reminds me of one thing ,
we have a friend , whose dad worked with leyland earlier and became the GM of AMW .
Sad part is , he is no more . i saw the truck only after his death . Mostly as trailer in chennai roads.
Ilango, I'm not sure about it, are you referring about Mr.PDN?

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #9
ilango[speed thirst];72714 said:
Mr.dhanasekaran
Man behind the success of AMW.

I haven't seen him, but I know him professionally.
It's really sad that he is no more and ofcourse AMW is missing him like anything.
On seeing every AMW product, my heart feels "Hey, a PDN's baby"

Hats off Mr. PDN

I have seen the AMW trucks in the Transit Mixer application as well as the tractor trailer, nice looking trucks along with comfortable interiors, I don't know if you guys have ever heard about URAL India, have seen the trucks some in some pretty tough applications, especially the 6X6 dump truck, have visited their factory at Haldia in West Bengal, will upload the pictures if you want.

the web i.d is: Welcome to URAL India

Thread Starter #12
I have seen the AMW trucks in the Transit Mixer application
visited their factory at Haldia in West Bengal, will upload the pictures if you want.]
Pls do post the snaps of URAL factory.:please:

BTW here is AMW Transit Mixer (2518TM)

Attachments

350Z

Core Team
AMW trucks have eventually become much common to an extent in India. I still remember sitting in one of them a few years ago at Auto Expo, which literally required a climbing exercise. Though must compliment, the interiors were too luxurious for a truck. Will share some pictures, if I still have them.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Sure will Mr. Boss expect it in a couple of days, its in my office PC, meanwhile please let me know if anyone has seen the trucks and buses of URAL make in their area.

Cheers!!!

Thread Starter #15
sitting in one of them a few years ago at Auto Expo, which literally required a climbing exercise

Will share some pictures, if I still have them.
Hope you sat on AMW Tipper exhibited in Auto Expo 2008. Foot steps in tippers were intentionally kept at that height to achieve maximum approach angle (for mining applications) You could have noticed a lower foot step in Tractor models.

Please do post the snaps from Auto Expo.

Top Bottom